Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post but hoping somebody can give me a little bit of info. I have a 2013 Kia Optima EX. Have had some trouble with the backup camera witch I know is pretty common. I’ve replaced it with OEM twice now over the last 4 years. This time I decided against spending a couple hundred on the OEM camera and went with a cheaper alternative I’ve seen people suggest in the optima group I’m in on Facebook. It’s just one of the generic cheapies that comes with RCA cables.

While poking around on these forums I remember at one point reading about how there’s a way to wire this one to my car without having to run the RCA cables to the back of the head unit. I remeber them saying it was possible by using the OEM harness that you cut off of the dead camera and splice it onto the aftermarket amazon camera I bought. So I have the harness cut off and I’m looking for some instructions on how to wire it up. Basically by using the OEM harness it makes it a quick plug and play right into the trunks connection. If anybody could give me some instructions on what wires to strip , solder , and heat shrink to make this work I’d be grateful and even willing to pay for your time. I can also send pics of the camera I bought on amazon. Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
Thought I posted this yesterday, but.........look at post 30:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts