Kia Optima Forums banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trying to figure this out on my own. Blue reverse wire was a pain, but I found it and soldered it after trouble shooting. For those that do not know, the IP/A harness cable is in the fuse panel area bottom left. Right above it it shows 27 14 1 which was helpful in knowing which pins to solder with. I'm halfway through, just need to find the up and down cable for the mirrors.

blue wire.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Has anyone tried to put together a DIY with pictures/videos for this mod? I just installed the folding mirrors. I would like to attempt this, but will need a little guidance.
I do not think anyone has done one with pictures yet.

Can anyone help who has done this mod? I have everything removed. I'm just trying to figure out which harness I'm suppose to be tapping into. There are several in the fuses box area and some near the bottom left where the hood release is at. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sorry I could not offer more assistance with this. I had mine installed at a shop professionally.

Trying to figure this out on my own. Blue reverse wire was a pain, but I found it and soldered it after trouble shooting. For those that do not know, the IP/A harness cable is in the fuse panel area bottom left. Right above it it shows 27 14 1 which was helpful in knowing which pins to solder with. I'm halfway through, just need to find the up and down cable for the mirrors.

View attachment 74425
Found this, it helped a lot, just in case anyone wanted to try and do it themselves.
Good to know, thank you for this.

Glad you got it figured out man :thumbsup:, did you use mode 1 or 2 ? I like mode 2 because it only tilt when I wanted and not everytime.
I personally have mine set to type 1 but want to switch to type 2.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you got it figured out man :thumbsup:, did you use mode 1 or 2 ? I like mode 2 because it only tilt when I wanted and not everytime.
I don't have it at 100% yet, something isn't right. I'm in talks with the guy who made that install post. I really hope I don't have a bad module. I'll do some more troubleshooting tomorrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It takes a few times to have your tilt and tweak adjusted perfectly but in regards to that pop sound I think you have it tilt down too far and no need for that. Try to make it a little less tilt and then adjust your tweak to that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm getting he popping sound from the tilt. I'm getting it from the tweak when it's going back up. It's not smooth at all. It doesn't go back up to the original position, it's going up and to the right making the popping sound. It keeps pushing the mirror wide right.

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
I'm getting he popping sound from the tilt. I'm getting it from the tweak when it's going back up. It's not smooth at all. It doesn't go back up to the original position, it's going up and to the right making the popping sound. It keeps pushing the mirror wide right.
I think the answer is do NOT leave your selector on the right but leave it at neutral. It says it in the manual, once you finish the adjustment then you have to put the selector back to neutral position. The selector I'm talking about is the one you select to adjust the left and right side mirrors and it must be in neutral position and not on the mirror that is tilted.

EDIT- Rican, just a heads up that this is a for sale thread by K5OS and I don't think its appropriate to post your issues here but rather putting a new thread asking for help would be a better idea.
David and Eric, I apologized if it clogs up your thread and feel free to delete my posts as I was only trying to help because I'm very familiar with the tilt module :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry, I figured if the module was for sale on this thread people would like to know how to put it together if they wanted to do it. You are right I just found this by accident. My selector was not on the center so it was giving me ****. Everything is good now. This was a long 3 day project, but all is good. Thanks!

Sam

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
Sorry, I figured it the module was for sale on this thread people would like to know how to put it together if they wanted to do it. You are right I just found this by accident. My selector was not on the center so it was giving me ****. Everything is great now. This was a long 3 day project, but all is good. Thanks!

Sam
Glad it worked out for you Sam ;).

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Sorry, I figured if the module was for sale on this thread people would like to know how to put it together if they wanted to do it. You are right I just found this by accident. My selector was not on the center so it was giving me ****. Everything is good now. This was a long 3 day project, but all is good. Thanks!

Sam
Sam glad everything is working now for you. Sorry for the hassle.

Payment sent!
Excellent, thank you for your order. It has been shipped out.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
How long on average does this take to install? I'm thinking about coming back out to pick one up
This is one of our products that requires a bit of experience when it comes to wiring for the installation.

If you are not very experienced with wiring, we highly recommend bringing it to a professional installer to put in for you.

A professional installer should take no more than an hour to an hour and a half tops to install this product.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pretty stoked about getting this, I have to manually tilt the mirrors every morning to get up out of the driveway. I have a tendency to forget to put the mirror back until I'm halfway to work.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Pretty stoked about getting this, I have to manually tilt the mirrors every morning to get up out of the driveway. I have a tendency to forget to put the mirror back until I'm halfway to work.
Thank you for placing your order with us online. This is exactly the same issue that I had as well which is one of the reasons we looked to find a product like this to offer to the community. Let us know how you like the new mod once installed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
OMG nobody has made a DIY video yet or pictures step by step? Really want to purchase it but need some kind of idea how to put it all together.

Also if you buy 2 of these modules does the passenger side need wires to go all the way to the driver side? or are the wires already there by the door?
meaning i guess to access the reverse wire. do i need to get extra wire and run it throught the glove box all the way to the steering wheel?

201 - 220 of 222 Posts