Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i hope you can help me with this problem i have since i bought my car:

My auto hold function is not working at all, i press the auto hold bottom and it appears white on the screen meaning its on standby but it never turns green meaning is not operating and obviously when i release the brake the car moves forward not stopping automatically :/

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
241 Posts
hey guys i hope you can help me with this problem i have since i bought my car:

My auto hold function is not working at all, i press the auto hold bottom and it appears white on the screen meaning its on standby but it never turns green meaning is not operating and obviously when i release the brake the car moves forward not stopping automatically :/
It's a useless function anyway.

·
Registered
482 Posts
It is a very useful function and helps save a lot of gas.
Sitting at a red light with the engine running with your foot off the brake saves a lot of gas. Interesting.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
241 Posts
What's so hard to understand? Either your parking brake works or it doesn't. Put your e brake on and put it in drive. Either the vehicle moves or it doesn't.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey guys i hope you can help me with this problem i ha is not working at all, i press the auto hold bottom and it appears white on the screen meaning its on standby but it never turns green meaning is not operating and obviously when i release the brake the car moves forward not stopping automatically :/
On what car?
You're just confusing everyone. And now you're going back and editing all your posts.
Neemter Sorry, I thought he was talking about hill assist but he is not. My bad. I did not know about auto-hold. I just got my Optima last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're just confusing everyone. And now you're going back and editing all your posts.
What's so hard to understand? Either your parking brake works or it doesn't. Put your e brake on and put it in drive. Either the vehicle moves or it doesn't.
yes, they work perfectly fine, but im talking about the auto hold fuction that it's supposed to break the car without having to have your foot on the pedal brake while you on traffic for example.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
614 Posts
IF you know you're Pressing the Brake Pedal Fully & THEN Pressing Auto-Hold and the Green Hold Light doesn't result, asking Svc about it is your next step. I like and use it often.......
IF Stopped on a hill with the Brake logically Pressed you Should be able to release the brake and it Hold for a BRIEF period. IF THAT doesn't work either, tell Svc. Surely they rely on the same functions.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,166 Posts
OP--if you've already read the owner's manual on this and Auto Hold still doesn't function correctly or at all, then like COS-16SXL said a trip to the dealer may be in order.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts