Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the telluride has a feature where it turns on the heated seats when it’s below a certain temperature outside. Any idea if this is on the Optimas? From what I can find, I don’t think so. But it would be nice for when you remote start the heated seats come on as well.

2019 optima SX

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Don't believe any option yfor temp dependant heated seats, but they can be wired into the remote start.
Only problem I see is that the heated seats would turn on all the time unless a thermostat was installed in line.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,166 Posts
The real trick is if you can wire the (front) seats with a thermostat so that it can smart-enable heat or cooled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't believe any option yfor temp dependant heated seats, but they can be wired into the remote start.
Only problem I see is that the heated seats would turn on all the time unless a thermostat was installed in line.
Is it possible to wire this with the canbus control module from the K5 store?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you provide more info on this?

Say I have a remote starter already installed, but it has an aux button on it, can't I program it so that the start button does not start the heated seats, but the aux button does?

I'm assuming I'd need to find a wiring diagram somewhere, can you point me in the right direction?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts