Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going to get my interior vaccumed, fabric seats cleaned (stains), and exterior washed waxed (ebony black gloss). I was quoted $250 for a mobile service that does a pretty good job. Worth the money or would you all be okay with that price for a really good detail??

·
Registered
2019 Optima SX
81 Posts
Well, Time is Money.

If you feel that the cost of paying someone to do something that may take you 3 to 5 (or more) hours is worth freeing up your time, then go for it.

$250, not a bad price, depends on what level of detailing they do. Do they end up treating the seats? Does it include a complete interior wipe down/treatment? What about interior windows? Tire dressing? I would expect all of those to be done for a $250 detailing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Time is Money.

If you feel that the cost of paying someone to do something that may take you 3 to 5 (or more) hours is worth freeing up your time, then go for it.

$250, not a bad price, depends on what level of detailing they do. Do they end up treating the seats? Does it include a complete interior wipe down/treatment? What about interior windows? Tire dressing? I would expect all of those to be done for a $250 detailing.
I will make sure all these things are included, yes should be worth it. thank you!!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
937 Posts
Well I was quoted 300$ for my 15 ebp sxt . Clay bar ,compound, wax , enginge wash ,enterior ,wheel dressing. I'll have it done in a few weeks after I get my bumper replaced this way it can be properly be blended in.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima SX-T
71 Posts
Prices dont seem bad. You'd almost have to do it once and judge was it worth it. For clay, polish and wax that seems pretty reasonable. If it were me I think I'd want a spray on ceramic vs a wax just for longevity unless your gonna get it detailed regularly. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The price seems reasonable for a well-rounded interior/exterior combo package, at least to me. Paint correction and defect removal is time-consuming, and if the detailer is going to do that then usually it's followed by a high-quality paint sealant or ceramic coating.

Simply applying a coat of wax won't eliminate swirling but could help reducing existing swirling if applied by machine. I would not expect perfect paint for that price, if that's the impression you're getting. However, if you end up getting a significant improvement then I would say your quoted price is great.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
570 Posts
This post is very old, but I would not expect any machine work for $300. That seems reasonable for a full interior/exterior cleaner and applying a wax or sealant. Someone doing compound and polishing work for $300 is either doing an extremely fast one pass (<15 mins for full car), doesn't know what they're doing, or is massively undercharging.

For me and several of my friends, paint isn't touched with a machine for probably less than $600 on any vehicle.

You also should not compound or polish any fresh paint for at least 6 months, as a common rule of thumb. Nor put a coating on it. I wouldn't put wax or sealant on for at least 3 months.

·
Registered
2004 Kia 2004 Optima XL
148 Posts
One local guy here do the detailing seriously and usually take him at least 3 hours. With the results, I say the $220 worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts