Kia Optima Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys I have two mirrors up for sale.

Both mirrors work great. They have small pry marks on them but hardly noticeable when installed. I opened them up to mod them but never got around doing them. So Im just selling them.

1st. Auto Dimming Mirror w/ HomeLink & Compass $80 + Shipping or pickup if your local. This one includes Window Wedge mount and Holding screw.

2nd. Auto Dimming Mirror Only $30 + Shipping or pickup if your local. This one was pulled from my personal car. Includes Pigtail and Holding Screw.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interested / will it a 2016 SX? Model#?
Yes, they are universal. Which one are you interested in? The auto dimming mirror will be plug n play if your Kia came pre wired if not it will include the pigtail for it. And for the one with homelink/compass you will need to buy the harness off of eBay as I don't have it.

let me know.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what year is the homelink for? I been researching and most say plug and play if I get the right model#
This homelink mirror came from a Subaru. That's why it's not plug n play. It will still work on any car. Just have to wire it. Very simple, as your Kia came pre wired. Just get the harness off of eBay.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,088 Posts
Yes, they are universal. Which one are you interested in? The auto dimming mirror will be plug n play if your Kia came pre wired if not it will include the pigtail for it. And for the one with homelink/compass you will need to buy the harness off of eBay as I don't have it.

let me know.
Sorry to butt in here, but this is not actually correct. We have sold quite a few of these already, and there are several different models. While several of the ones out there work on a wide range of models and years, they are based on your VIN as far as which one is actually designed to work on each vehicle. Some need to be wired up, whereas others are simply plug & play.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to butt in here, but this is not actually correct. We have sold quite a few of these already, and there are several different models. While several of the ones out there work on a wide range of models and years, they are based on your VIN as far as which one is actually designed to work on each vehicle. Some need to be wired up, whereas others are simply plug & play.
You are correct to some point. But these are universal as the will fit any car that has the wedge mount on the window. The only thing needed is to be wired up.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,088 Posts
You are correct to some point. But these are universal as the will fit any car that has the wedge mount on the window. The only thing needed is to be wired up.
From what I understand, some of them may have a different plug connection as well, but I could be wrong on that one. Pretty sure there are other differences as well, but I don't know enough about them to really comment.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I understand, some of them may have a different plug connection as well, but I could be wrong on that one. Pretty sure there are other differences as well, but I don't know enough about them to really comment.
Yes they also have different plugs. But they usually stay the same for each car make unless a new model come out. You just simply buy the connector of off eBay and just plug it in to the back of the mirror. And simply give it 12v, ground, and reverse 12v. That's why I told him he can get the connector off of eBay.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,088 Posts
Yes they also have different plugs. But they usually stay the same for each car make unless a new model come out. You just simply buy the connector of off eBay and just plug it in to the back of the mirror. And simply give it 12v, ground, and reverse 12v. That's why I told him he can get the connector off of eBay.
Gotcha, that makes sense. I didn't read all of the other comments, just saw the one and posted. Good info to know though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
23 Replies
3 Participants
jery911
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing