Kia Optima Forums banner

Aussie 2012 Platinum rear light issue and head unit map upgrade (first post!)

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Dave200 
#1 ·
Hi all, first time poster. I have had my 2012 Optima Platinum for a couple of weeks and enjoying it. However having a few issues here and there. Hoping to get them cleared up one by one.

First issue is around the rear lights. It appears that when sidelights/headlights are on, the bootlid portion of the rear lights are not lit at all. Is this normal?

Just sidelights. Is there supposed to be a portion lit on the inner section thats part of the bootlid?:
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Sidelights with foglights on:
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Sidelights with fogs and indicators:
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Sidelights, fogs, reverse lights:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Second issue, how do I update the head unit? The maps are from 2015 and I don't think the headunit has been updated in a very long time either!
Vehicle Plant Car Automotive design Satellite radio

Thanks all

See less See more
#2 ·
In relation to the maps upgrade, according to this Naviextras Help Center it is simply a case of connecting a USB dongle to the car's USB port, saving the 'BACKUP' folder to the USB dongle, plug into your PC and open naviextras, and thats it.

However, naviextras is saying 'Please connect your device to this PC with a USB cable'. it doesn't appear that it can see the USB dongle.

#7 ·
thanks for your help, since I made the post Mapnsoft in Europe are helping me out with attaining latest maps.
Yes the running lights. In the UK they call them sidelights as they can be activated with the car off for visibility when parked on the road.
i have since taken a closer look at the bootlid cluster and there are no bulbs or LED modules there, its been replaced by a red reflector. I expect this is Australian specific for ADRs (Australian Design Rules)
I am researching into whether an overseas-purchased cluster can be fitted in its place with the existing wiring loom

#8 ·
thanks for your help, since I made the post Mapnsoft in Europe are helping me out with attaining latest maps. Yes the running lights. In the UK they call them sidelights as they can be activated with the car off for visibility when parked on the road. i have since taken a closer look at the bootlid cluster and there are no bulbs or LED modules there, its been replaced by a red reflector. I expect this is Australian specific for ADRs (Australian Design Rules) I am researching into whether an overseas-purchased cluster can be fitted in its place with the existing wiring loom
Hi, were you able to update the maps. I just bought a used my 13 optima platinum. And would like to update my maps too. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.