Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have an (Australian delivered) 2012 Optima Platinum with Infinity audio system with factory touch screen sat nav and looking at doing a few audio upgrades. The system already has the standard factory sub but this is were I want to start the upgrades.

I have done a little searching but still have a few questions:
Does the standard head unit have and low level outputs (on the back of the head unit)?
Does the standard sub woofer on the rear deck have an external amp or connect straight back to the head unit?

Obviously I'm just trying to figure out how my amps are going to receive their input.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
IDK, but many amps have high level inputs. Just have to find the right ones.
Free bump

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
1,567 Posts
The Infinity system head unit sends audio signals to the factory amp by a 2 wire s/pdif digital signal. There are no "low level outputs" on the back of the head unit. I believe your only option is going to be to grab your audio post factory amp and use a LOC or combination of multiple LOCs since there are 8 channels of audio.

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah the factory amp controls all the speakers in the car. get a rca line converter and tap right at the amp for your sub and your done well atleast that part haha. the factory radio doesn't have rca out put in the back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks for the response guys!
My amp (DLS CAD 11) does have high level input but I was thinking low level might have been cleaner.
Looks like I will be using the low level then :)

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Wow thanks for the response guys!
My amp (DLS CAD 11) does have high level input but I was thinking low level might have been cleaner.
Looks like I will be using the low level then :)
www.kiatechinfo.com

This is your best source for all the electrical info. Registration is free, just create a profile. Check out my showroom and click on the XD600/1(JL Audio build) link under interior and you'll see how I did my install. It's a great place if your amp is small enough.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.kiatechinfo.com

This is your best source for all the electrical info. Registration is free, just create a profile. Check out my showroom and click on the XD600/1(JL Audio build) link under interior and you'll see how I did my install. It's a great place if your amp is small enough.
Thanks, might have a look on kiatechinfo when I get a minute. Hopefully might get some progress done this weekend :)

What did you use a "remote" to fire up your amps?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SX Launch Edition
11 Posts
www.kiatechinfo.com

Yeah DOESNT work unless u have $$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts