Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

So I’ve been doing a lot of reading on the forums and can’t decide which springs to go with.

I’m leaning towards Megan’s because the even front and rear drop but...... I’ve read that the Arks are a progressive spring vs Megan’s being linear. I would assume progressive is better because the suspension gets more stiff as it compresses?

I also read that that both bottom out sometimes, is that true? I can’t imagine that they would with such a small amount of drop.

I guess my question is which spring provides the best ride closest to stock and won’t bottoms out the strut?

Thanks!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,542 Posts
Hello,

If you are looking for the best spring that will be closest to stock, it would be neither Megan or Ark.

I would recommend checking out the Eibach Lowering Springs by Kinetic Motorsports - K5 Optima Store

These will give you the drop height you want, and the lower center of gravity without bottoming out.

You can also look into getting aftermarket struts and shocks that are designed to be used with lowering springs.

That way you are not causing any unnecessary wear and tear on the factory suspension with lowering springs installed.

You can find those on our site here: TruHart Kia Optima Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

Let us know if you have any questions at all.

-David

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey David,

Thanks for your response. Any idea which Eibach spring gives you the 1.5” drop for front and rear? I searched but couldn’t find one.

Thanks!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,542 Posts
Hey David,

Thanks for your response. Any idea which Eibach spring gives you the 1.5” drop for front and rear? I searched but couldn’t find one.

Thanks!
Hello,

1.5" drop is going to definitely rub and have issues bottoming out.

That is on the lower side of the drop height spectrum when it comes to lowering the Optima.

1.6" is the lowest possible drop we offer out of all 5 or 6 different springs available for the platform.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s insane, that a 1 1/2” drop would cause the struts to bottom out and or the tires to rub.

I appreciate the help. 🤙🏼

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,542 Posts
That’s insane, that a 1 1/2” drop would cause the struts to bottom out and or the tires to rub.

I appreciate the help. 🤙🏼
Yeah you would be surprised. Besides, the car really only needs a slight drop in height to sit pretty flush and look good.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The Eibach Kinetic springs are awesome! 45k on mine and no issues.
Awesome, glad to hear it, thanks for commenting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah you would be surprised. Besides, the car really only needs a slight drop in height to sit pretty flush and look good.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Awesome, glad to hear it, thanks for commenting.
I love the look of the Megan’s drop but just don’t want to bottom out or blow out the struts. Doing anything less than the 1 1/2” drop wouldn’t be worth the money or hassle to me 🙁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts