Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on Friday I finally got my ark dt s exhaust on my 2015 Kia optima 2.4 LX.
And absolutely love the sound, it’s a beautiful deep sound that sounds great. But I wish it was a bit louder. The Kia OEM resonator was left on the piping then obviously the ark system has its resonator, so I have both resonators on there. My muffler guy said I can make it louder if I remove one of the resonators.
Now trying to get feedback if any of you guys have done this, would it get louder if I remove one of the resonators? If so which one do you guys recommend to remove, the Kia OEM resonator or the ark resonator? And if I remove one of those resonators would I get more drone?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Ever, you should have ordered it with the optional test pipe, as that will do exactly what you’re looking for…

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey David,
I know that was an option but my understanding is that it’s illegal here in California, also I don’t want to go through the struggle of failing emissions test.
That’s why I was just considering removing the resonator, I just do not know if to remove the stock resonator or remove the one that comes with the kit. test. fail
Ever, you should have ordered it with the optional test pipe, as that will do exactly what you’re looking for…

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Hey David,
I know that was an option but my understanding is that it’s illegal here in California, also I don’t want to go through the struggle of failing emissions test.
That’s why I was just considering removing the resonator, I just do not know if to remove the stock resonator or remove the one that comes with the kit. test. fail
Hi Ever,

No sir, not at all. It only really becomes an issue with passing smog when you install a straight pipe, with NO Catalytic converter at all.

With the Kia Optima Test Pipe from Ark Performance, it actually does include an HFC (High Flow Cat) on the midpipe, so that it can pass smog with no problem.

Also, by removing the very restrictive catalytic converter on the midpipe you have now, it will be a lot more free-flowing and you will gain HP and the sound you are looking for.

Hope this helps... Let me know if you would like to order it the same way as before, and we can help you save some money on the purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts