Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine yesterday and keep reading about the engines screwing up. Are all the cars covered? What's the full scoop?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,378 Posts
Certainly depends on year, but if it's an '11, lifetime engine warranty if all updates and recalls have been done.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
I don't think it would matter because lack of getting the recall work done doesn't cause the P1326, it may cause the engine to seize which is the purpose of one of the recalls (to attempt to prevent it via software updates). So if it has that code and runs, I'd take it to dealer to see what happens. Luck.

Reactions: xdMbx

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think it would matter because lack of getting the recall work done doesn't cause the P1326, it may cause the engine to seize which is the purpose of one of the recalls (to attempt to prevent it via software updates). So if it has that code and runs, I'd take it to dealer to see what happens. Luck.
Thanks, its at the dealer now waiting for diagnosis. It has 130k miles and was bought used. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,378 Posts
Well, if you didn't take it in for the recalls, you wouldn't get a P1326, and the reason for the recall is so that
it gives the operator enough time to get to a dealer and not cause catastrophic damage to the engine.
Keep your fingers crossed as the stealerships/Kia are not as liberal as they were in the beginning
of the campaign.

Owners of these vehicles will get a lifetime extended warranty on the affected components for damage related to this condition. This warranty will go into effect upon of the Knock Sensor Detection System software update. Loaner vehicles may be available for owners while their vehicles are being repaired under this warranty. If a loaner vehicle is not available, the manufacturer may reimburse up to $40 per day for transportation expenses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, if you didn't take it in for the recalls, you wouldn't get a P1326, and the reason for the recall is so that
it gives the operator enough time to get to a dealer and not cause catastrophic damage to the engine.
Keep your fingers crossed as the stealerships/Kia are not as liberal as they were in the beginning
of the campaign.

Owners of these vehicles will get a lifetime extended warranty on the affected components for damage related to this condition. This warranty will go into effect upon of the Knock Sensor Detection System software update. Loaner vehicles may be available for owners while their vehicles are being repaired under this warranty. If a loaner vehicle is not available, the manufacturer may reimburse up to $40 per day for transportation expenses.
They just called me. Shockingly, he said it’s going to be replaced under warranty. I just went along with it and didn’t bother asking what the problem was. He said it might take around 2 weeks. Very relieved and happy with Kia at this time. Will update if anything changes.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
They just called me. Shockingly, he said it’s going to be replaced under warranty. I just went along with it and didn’t bother asking what the problem was. He said it might take around 2 weeks. Very relieved and happy with Kia at this time. Will update if anything changes.
That’s great news to hear!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
43 Posts
thats awesome to hear! they will most likely explain what the issues were when you go in , but otherwise, if i was you i would had said zero as well lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
of the campaign.

Owners of these vehicles will get a lifetime extended warranty on the affected components for damage related to this condition. This warranty will go into effect upon of the Knock Sensor Detection System software update. Loaner vehicles may be available for owners while their vehicles are being repaired under this warranty. If a loaner vehicle is not available, the manufacturer may reimburse up to $40 per day for

·
Registered
7 Posts
You got everything down pack. Mine has been in the shop waiting to get fix. It's a 2014 Kia optima LX and it was under that recall. It's been there since May 16 and I have been renting a car since then. They said they dont give loaner cars, and the enterprise rental are out of cars because this is the rental place the dealership are sending their customers to the one's who bring there cars in for the recall. I'm in Houston texas and it's hard to find a rental for 40 dollars a day. Even though they reimburse up to that amount it's still hard coming up every week to rent a car. I was told that my engine is in and also 15 other people. So they were telling me that they start fixing cars by the people who have had the rentals the longest. I told them well **** I never got one of there rentals. I'm paying out of my own pocket. Gosh ...I just be glad when my car gets fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everyone that drives a 2013'- 2015 Kia Optima. There is another recall. Check your VIN number.. The Hydraulic Electronic Control Unut (HECU)assembly controls the anti -lock braking system (ABS), Electronic stability control system (ESC) and Traction Control System (TCS) in your vehicle. Brake fluid may leak internally inside the HECU, which, over time, can result in an electrical short. An electrical short in the HECU increase the risk of an engine compartment fire.
If your car is already in there for the engine recall. Have the service department to look into this for you. And if it is under the recall have them to fix this as well. No need to bring your car back up there if it is already there.
If your car is not at the dealership call NHTSA and give them your VIN to see if it is a part of this recall. 1800-333-4542

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,378 Posts
Everyone that drives a 2013'- 2015 Kia Optima. There is another recall. Check your VIN number.. The Hydraulic Electronic Control Unut (HECU)assembly controls the anti -lock braking system (ABS), Electronic stability control system (ESC) and Traction Control System (TCS) in your vehicle. Brake fluid may leak internally inside the HECU, which, over time, can result in an electrical short. An electrical short in the HECU increase the risk of an engine compartment fire.
If your car is already in there for the engine recall. Have the service department to look into this for you. And if it is under the recall have them to fix this as well. No need to bring your car back up there if it is already there.
If your car is not at the dealership call NHTSA and give them your VIN to see if it is a part of this recall. 1800-333-4542
Well, if you're going to mention recalls on the 2013, there are a number:
HECU 8/2020
HECU again 5/2021
Low pressure fuel hose 2/2020
High pressure fuel pipe 12/2018
Air bag 6/2018

So, let's see, we have the KSDS update, the engine debris issue, ABS unit, fuel system and air bag, maybe it would be easier to see what's not recalled.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,456 Posts
Well, if you're going to mention recalls on the 2013, there are a number:
HECU 8/2020
HECU again 5/2021
Low pressure fuel hose 2/2020
High pressure fuel pipe 12/2018
Air bag 6/2018

So, let's see, we have the KSDS update, the engine debris issue, ABS unit, fuel system and air bag, maybe it would be easier to see what's not recalled.
Could you run the recall list for the 2012 SX?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,378 Posts
Could you run the recall list for the 2012 SX?
These are the recalls, not updates:
High pressure fuel pump leak 12/2018
Air bags/Seat belt pretensinoers may be disabled 6/2018
Bearing wear-engine seizures 3/17

If anyone wants to check recalls, they can be found by using the vin or vehicle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts