Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine yesterday and keep reading about the engines screwing up. Are all the cars covered? What's the full scoop?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,938 Posts
Certainly depends on year, but if it's an '11, lifetime engine warranty if all updates and recalls have been done.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL 2nd engine @ 121k
177 Posts
I don't think it would matter because lack of getting the recall work done doesn't cause the P1326, it may cause the engine to seize which is the purpose of one of the recalls (to attempt to prevent it via software updates). So if it has that code and runs, I'd take it to dealer to see what happens. Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think it would matter because lack of getting the recall work done doesn't cause the P1326, it may cause the engine to seize which is the purpose of one of the recalls (to attempt to prevent it via software updates). So if it has that code and runs, I'd take it to dealer to see what happens. Luck.
Thanks, its at the dealer now waiting for diagnosis. It has 130k miles and was bought used. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,938 Posts
Well, if you didn't take it in for the recalls, you wouldn't get a P1326, and the reason for the recall is so that
it gives the operator enough time to get to a dealer and not cause catastrophic damage to the engine.
Keep your fingers crossed as the stealerships/Kia are not as liberal as they were in the beginning
of the campaign.

Owners of these vehicles will get a lifetime extended warranty on the affected components for damage related to this condition. This warranty will go into effect upon of the Knock Sensor Detection System software update. Loaner vehicles may be available for owners while their vehicles are being repaired under this warranty. If a loaner vehicle is not available, the manufacturer may reimburse up to $40 per day for transportation expenses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, if you didn't take it in for the recalls, you wouldn't get a P1326, and the reason for the recall is so that
it gives the operator enough time to get to a dealer and not cause catastrophic damage to the engine.
Keep your fingers crossed as the stealerships/Kia are not as liberal as they were in the beginning
of the campaign.

Owners of these vehicles will get a lifetime extended warranty on the affected components for damage related to this condition. This warranty will go into effect upon of the Knock Sensor Detection System software update. Loaner vehicles may be available for owners while their vehicles are being repaired under this warranty. If a loaner vehicle is not available, the manufacturer may reimburse up to $40 per day for transportation expenses.
They just called me. Shockingly, he said it’s going to be replaced under warranty. I just went along with it and didn’t bother asking what the problem was. He said it might take around 2 weeks. Very relieved and happy with Kia at this time. Will update if anything changes.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,073 Posts
They just called me. Shockingly, he said it’s going to be replaced under warranty. I just went along with it and didn’t bother asking what the problem was. He said it might take around 2 weeks. Very relieved and happy with Kia at this time. Will update if anything changes.
That’s great news to hear!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
27 Posts
thats awesome to hear! they will most likely explain what the issues were when you go in , but otherwise, if i was you i would had said zero as well lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts