Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any products that can "bomb" the car's interior to kill mildew smells?

The smell is focused in the rear carpets from leaving wet swimwear/towels in a hot car, but the entire inside of the car was filled with moisture in hot sun all day so I think the mildew was able to spread to other places through the air moisture, possibly inside the seats etc.

So far I've shampooed the rear footwells and the rear floor mats where the carpet was wet. But now I'm wondering if there is an airborne solution that I could just bomb the interior and leave it for a couple days or something? Any home remedies/suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
265 Posts
I bought a smoker's car at one point and found that putting a bowl of vinegar inside, then closing it up and letting it sit in the sun/heat for a day or two, pulled the smell out. Could give that a go.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a smoker's car at one point and found that putting a bowl of vinegar inside, then closing it up and letting it sit in the sun/heat for a day or two, pulled the smell out. Could give that a go.
Thanks I'll try this. Did you dilute the white vinegar at all, or was it straight from the bottle as-is no dilution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts