Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed alot of ppl with truhart stuts/shocks but cant seem to find anyone with experience with the loweing spring from them...im going to order a set of springs in the next week or two and im trying to shop wisely/ cost effective lol (more money for other parts)

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know how much of a drop it ends up being in reality if you wouldn't mind im orderjng the same thing tomorrow and hopefully will have them put on soon so if i get it done first ill do the same

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
101 Posts
You can use them....for a little while anyway. The stock shocks/struts will be operating outside their range, and will be compressed most of the time. This will lead to them going bad prematurely. I'd give it a couple months before it starts bouncing like a Caddy! The Tru-Harts are made for lowering springs - as they have a shorter overall length, so they still operate within their range. Stock ride, but lower.

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got mine put on a while back just haven't had a chance to get on here but id definitely plan on replacing the shocks/struts lol learn from my mistake i did not and now they are in need of replacing.i do wish the front was dropped more than it is but it still looks great and doesnt rub even with those 20s and 225/35 rubber

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,687 Posts
Question. I ordered lowering springs. Can I use those on my stock struts or should I get coilovers? My car is a 2016 Kia Optima turbo
As others mentioned, you can get away with it for a little while, but it's not comfortable, and they will go out soon enough.

For less than $275, you can get brand new struts and shocks including shipping from our site here: TruHart Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

I got mine put on a while back just haven't had a chance to get on here but id definitely plan on replacing the shocks/struts lol learn from my mistake i did not and now they are in need of replacing.i do wish the front was dropped more than it is but it still looks great and doesnt rub even with those 20s and 225/35 rubber View attachment 248176 View attachment 248177 View attachment 248178
We can definitely help you with that as well! ;)

TruHart Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

1 - 11 of 11 Posts