Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
That I don’t mind, I can turn it down. It’s the wind and cabin noise that gets me, for the price and level they are placing the car, it should be quieter that the cars below it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
This has been discussed on the Stinger forum, seems a few folks reported issues in the US but in Australia where this color is more common, KIA will repaint the car and offer a lifetime warranty on the paint. The respray is estimated to cost them over $10K to do. The fact that KIA is stepping up to get this done to factory spec is huge. We are still waiting to hear what will happen to US cars. Knowing KIA they will take care of it.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Stepping up and taking responsibility and making things right. If some folks want out of the product, they will work that out. Someone on the Stinger forum, got his car returned, so it’s not like folks aren’t having issues attended to.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I noticed this recently if I were to spec one out. With the GT, I thought it odd that you can add a limited slip differential with the Drive Wise package (LSD is a $200 option), but no such option exists if you're getting a GT1. You also can't add a sunroof with a GT. HUD is only available for the GT2. Then there's the issue (at least here in the US) of the shift-by-wire in the GT2 not allowing you to stay locked in manual.

It's too bad you can't ala carte the specs/features you want. I'd lean to the GT1 RWD if I had to choose. Maybe the 2019 Stingers will have more options.

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I could only hope Kia would outsource the paint job to the best shop in town, not the lowest bidder like they do their other stuff.

I wonder if I held up repainting it for many years, and then did it when it was time to sell, would they repaint it say 10 years later?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I think we got short changed in the US with regards to the Stinger and it’s options however, when compared to the other luxury brands they are targeting, they still have them beat on options for the price. I think with Genesis being marketed here and KIA not seen as a top brand in some people’s eyes, they took that route to make sure Genesis looks good with the G70 when it launches. The other thing is how we sell cars here, we have a 3 tier system, base mid and top trim. The majority of the show cars at dealerships were 2.0T in GT2 Spec trim. If they had brought in a “GT Line” 2.0T like they do in some countries, with the same top trip as the GT2 and it cost what the Premium does, I think it would do well here.

I saw a video that if you turn off the traction control to initiate launch mode, it also changes the way the car shifts and holds the gear. In Europe/UK they have a Sport+ mode which does that, we get the Smart mode but it’s just a button press to get there.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I could only hope Kia would outsource the paint job to the best shop in town, not the lowest bidder like they do their other stuff.

I wonder if I held up repainting it for many years, and then did it when it was time to sell, would they repaint it say 10 years later?
They want to make sure their customers are happy by bringing the paint to a from factory spec. Word is the process would take several weeks to complete. The options are a buy back, trade in or repaint and financial gratuity. From the Australia report, they plan on doing a lifetime warranty on those Yellow cars as well. It’s said to be a global warranty as well. Not sure if they would wait 10 years though, and you might not want to wait 10 years with peeling and chips developing.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts