Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, what do you think of them? They are a 240 treadwear vs the 440 that came on my 2015 SX-T stock, so I'm guessing they will have more grip. Got 40k out of the original tires and now the car will likely only be driven about 5k per year or less, so I'm not too worried about wear.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,107 Posts
With that soft rubber they'll certainly hold when cornering, buy don't try and run them when the temps get to the mid 30F.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely not! I served my time in the cold...2.5 years in Montana. That was enough for me, thanks. :)

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
745 Posts
LOL maybe not Montana cold but from what I've heard/seen, LV can get fairly chilly in the wintertime, given that it sits in a basin and is at ~2K feet above sea level.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will get a few nights that get down in the 20's, but by the time we're up and out of the house, it's in the upper 30's or higher. I do very little driving in those temps, so it sounds like these should work fine for me.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First impressions are they are more precise than the stock tires...quicker turn in and response, but no extra road noise. I actually think they feel like they take the bumps a bit smoother than the stock tires (road reflectors, rumble strips, etc), which surprised me. Definitely more grip. Looking forward to putting some more miles on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts