Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima LX
7 Posts
Any other questions let me know, I should have taken pictures of wiring it up but it's not too bad. It took me longer to remove the panels to run the wire than the actual wiring behind the radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any other questions let me know, I should have taken pictures of wiring it up but it's not too bad. It took me longer to remove the panels to run the wire than the actual wiring behind the radio.
I’m A real rookie when it comes to installing stuff like this. This is what I want to put in to the factory head unit. I really like step by step, light where to go through the firewall etc. thank for your help.
77C93D1B-8184-4291-9388-D0FEE93AA591.jpeg
04F3D25F-25F8-4B40-A943-08B28C8DCD65.jpeg
192328FC-D92F-4C9E-BB66-71BBD5900FB9.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima LX
7 Posts
It's not too bad I'll take pictures of how I did it once it stops raining. But there is a rubber gromment where the wires go into the car from the firewall I drilled underneath that through that. The panels are plastic and pop right off with plastic panel tools ran it underneath the driver's side trim all the way to the trunk. The rear seat pops right out and you can use that bolt for a ground. I just bought a longer bolt and it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not too bad I'll take pictures of how I did it once it stops raining. But there is a rubber gromment where the wires go into the car from the firewall I drilled underneath that through that. The panels are plastic and pop right off with plastic panel tools ran it underneath the driver's side trim all the way to the trunk. The rear seat pops right out and you can use that bolt for a ground. I just bought a longer bolt and it works.
I want to put the sub underneath the driver seat. Do you think that’ll work? It fits underneath there .

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima LX
7 Posts
I don't think so because it's not flat there's too much under there I would say if you want it hidden put it where the spare tire would go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Search is only bringing up gen 3 options.

I have a 2016 lx with a regular system.

Anyone with a gen 4 Optima added a subwoofer while keeping the stock head unit?
I
Search is only bringing up gen 3 options.

I have a 2016 lx with a regular system.

Anyone with a gen 4 Optima added a subwoofer while keeping the stock head unit?
I just got through hooking up my system. I used a 5 channel line converter with factory head unit and a 5 channel amp.

·
Registered
2016 Optima LX 1.6 Eco-T
17 Posts
I installed a sub in my 18 lx. I tapped into the rear door speakers and used a audiocontrol lc2i as my choice of loc. A regular one wouldn’t work for some reason. It’s a better option if you don’t have a factory sub as I’ve found that the bass reproduction of my factory speakers is total poo. Kia’s firmware in these head units inhibits the signal at higher volumes to protect the speakers from blowing.

Since there is an update to the navi system avail for download. Is there a config file we can edit to remove the signal limitation?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed new speakers and subs, its a lot easier than you may think. I replaced all the door speaker and bought wire adaptors so they are plug and play tapping in to both rear door speaker adaptors to not cut the factor harness and ran the wires to Audio Control LCi2 LOC.
The hardest part is fishing the wire through the door jam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kingcopa, looks real nice and clean thumbsup
Thank you sir. I told her I would keep her car useable and I can pull the box out and have the full trunk if need be. I will say this, I think the metal Kia used for the car is super thin. The car rattles like crazy so I am going through and sound deadening the inside of the rear quarters, full trunk lid and floors to combat it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts