Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 15’ is on its THIRD set of emblems. Today I just noticed that the front emblem is going to need to be replaced soon again because it’s peeling. I just want to know what’s causing these things to peel like this lol. I’m not mad about having to replace them I just think it’s weird how we’ve been through 3 sets in 115k miles. I know for a fact we will not be going with the OEM KIA emblems anymore. Is this happening to everyone else or is it just us? I know with all the highway driving on this car the rocks etc. are probably beating the emblem to **** and in return they peel haha! Not that big of deal it’s just very ugly like this. View attachment 248105
I had this problem with the aftermarket ones that look like a k. I have the front and rear original ones from my 2015 if you want them I can mail them to you. Just get me a mailing address.
Screenshot_20200428-175811_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes mine started about a year ago, front and back. Although unsightly I haven't done anything about it, car is out warranty. Was thinking of peeling the clear coating off and painting flat black.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our 15’ is on its THIRD set of emblems. Today I just noticed that the front emblem is going to need to be replaced soon again because it’s peeling. I just want to know what’s causing these things to peel like this lol. I’m not mad about having to replace them I just think it’s weird how we’ve been through 3 sets in 115k miles. I know for a fact we will not be going with the OEM KIA emblems anymore. Is this happening to everyone else or is it just us? I know with all the highway driving on this car the rocks etc. are probably beating the emblem to **** and in return they peel haha! Not that big of deal it’s just very ugly like this. View attachment 248105
Try k5optima store. They have a ton of options to chose from. K5 Optima Store - K5 Optima Store

Reactions: K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even the "good" more expensive k emblems I bought are bubbling. Bought the reddish colored ones, kind of wine color and put them on last year. Went to car wash last week and was drying car and the wine color partially came off back emblem and front emblem is a black/gray color with bubbles now. Grr

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
978 Posts
If you bought them from K5OS, ask David and he will make things right; I had an issue with one of the badges I bought from K5OS (similar bubbling issue like yours) and he let me exchange it for another one. Full disclosure--I did not exchange it for the same one but chose to go with the Black Edition carbon fiber instead since I didn't want to take a chance that maybe there was an issue with the particular batch of badges with the same style as the one I originally purchased...plus in the end the black carbon fiber one does look cooler!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,780 Posts
Even the "good" more expensive k emblems I bought are bubbling. Bought the reddish colored ones, kind of wine color and put them on last year. Went to car wash last week and was drying car and the wine color partially came off back emblem and front emblem is a black/gray color with bubbles now. Grr
If you referring to the photo below posted by @tonester, this is something we have seen with certain "Black Edition" emblems in areas with high heat where the customer parks outside in the sun a lot and the heat in certain areas can be so strong that it can cause this to happen. However, if this happened during the warranty we offer, we would be happy to replace it for you at no charge.

If you bought them from K5OS, ask David and he will make things right; I had an issue with one of the badges I bought from K5OS (similar bubbling issue like yours) and he let me exchange it for another one. Full disclosure--I did not exchange it for the same one but chose to go with the Black Edition carbon fiber instead since I didn't want to take a chance that maybe there was an issue with the particular batch of badges with the same style as the one I originally purchased...plus in the end the black carbon fiber one does look cooler!

View attachment 248485
Thank you, you beat me to it. This is an example of exactly what I was explaining above. The "Black Edition" emblems, especially the all black ones, can sometimes have this happen due to extreme heat. Thank you for posting this as an example.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did purchase them from you, was right when they were first released, but I didn't install them for a long time, actual time on car was around 1 year, but I can't even remember how long ago I bought them. Mine, one on hood looks just like the photo above, all the wine/red color(not sure what actual color is) color is gone and bubbles, other the color on trunk one looks like the red color is coming off or fading. I never even looked up warranty or how long it was for. Odd thing, I don't live on really hot climate, I'm in Washington state in Seattle area and car has only been through 2 auto car washes, usually I hand wash it.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,780 Posts
I did purchase them from you, was right when they were first released, but I didn't install them for a long time, actual time on car was around 1 year, but I can't even remember how long ago I bought them. Mine, one on hood looks just like the photo above, all the wine/red color(not sure what actual color is) color is gone and bubbles, other the color on trunk one looks like the red color is coming off or fading. I never even looked up warranty or how long it was for. Odd thing, I don't live on really hot climate, I'm in Washington state in Seattle area and car has only been through 2 auto car washes, usually I hand wash it.
If you would like to have me check on it for you, just shoot me your contact info in a PM or email to [email protected]

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with car washes or whether you hand wash the car or not. It has to do with parking the vehicle outside in the direct sunlight for extended periods of time, and sunny whether conditions. Regardless, it's a defect and not something that is supposed to happen.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts