Kia Optima Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima 2.0T
366 Posts
Same story here. Get your hands on a torque bar and verify the long bolt has 80+ foot pounds of torque on it (recommend 85). Or take it back to the shop and have them verify. Chances are they just tightened it by hand and have no idea where to torque level is at. Also while you are at it, the two horizontal bolts test and make sure those are at 40+ foot pounds of torque (45 recommended). GL.
OK, I will do that.
In addition to this, I have read on different Web sites that poly bushings have a kind of "break-in" period. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that I get less vibrations than one week ago...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2013 Optima
25 Posts
Bringing back and old post, but then all the posts about lower engine mount inserts are old lol. Here I am just doing it to my "13 LX manual :)
Wish I did it ages ago as I've had the car a few years now and this has vastly improved its responsiveness and clutch feel. Before this the clutch always felt like it kicked out at the last bit but this has smoothed it out and starts are much better. Before it always wanted to stall or spin a tire and I've been driving manual for 20 years. Feels faster too as the power goes down better.

It does vibrate more than I expected from other posts. I did have a mechanic do it while it was in for other stuff and I checked with him that he did torque it. Its about what I recall from past cars I've done this to though. Perhaps the autos have a tranny mount the manual doesn't which may help dampen.
With this, rear sway bar, and other small mods it's such a better car to drive than factory

Car Water Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,694 Posts
Know old thread, but vibration is something to consider. To some, the car could vibrate incessantly at idle and they would say it's fine, but to others nothing but an annoyance. On our RWD vehicle, installed what was called competition motor mounts, not bad, liveable, then installed the same type for trans mounts. They were on the car for maybe two days then removed, it was terrible. Something to consider when replacing OEM units.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
25 Posts
I've found they have softened slightly as there is less edge to the vibrations. I like it but prob not great for resale since a midsize with a manual is always a hard sell already lol
My son says he likes that he gets a massage at stop lights lol

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,458 Posts
FWIW: I've had no issues with mine (~70 durometer urethane) for driveablity or smoothness (made by Nameless Performance - long gone now).

41 - 45 of 45 Posts