Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2011 kia optimus
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm trying to find some polyurethane engine mounts but I'm only seeing for the 2.0t anybody know if they are the same or where to get specifically for the 2.4. Also if anybody upgraded the sway bar bushings did you guys notice any difference??

·
Registered
719 Posts
I just bought the poly engine mounts from nameless, haven't installed them yet

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,494 Posts
I just bought the poly engine mounts from nameless, haven't installed them yet
Did you install these Lou and what did you think of em? Any vibrations like jasen1 has mentioned?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I installed the nameless poly engine mount. What a nice difference!. I think it really helps prevent stress on everything. I did notice a slight vibration at idle but don't expect anyone that rides with you to notice it. Only you and then you forget about it. Seriously I hardly mention it because I don't want people to think. "Ugh its going to make my car vibrate. Screw that". No no. nothing near that level. Just barely noticeable.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I installed the nameless poly engine mount. What a nice difference!. I think it really helps prevent stress on everything. I did notice a slight vibration at idle but don't expect anyone that rides with you to notice it. Only you and then you forget about it. Seriously I hardly mention it because I don't want people to think. "Ugh its going to make my car vibrate. Screw that". No no. nothing near that level. Just barely noticeable.
Thanks for the feedback - I was curious on if anyone was running the mounts.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had mine installed for about 15k miles... I love them no issues and the vibration is almost non existent.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,494 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,458 Posts
I like the feedback guys, thanks. Just ordered the ThrowDown version Torque Solution - Lower Engine Mounts - Optima 2011+ 2.0T [TS-KIA-001] - $42.99 : High Performance Auto Parts Accessories | Ultra Racing | Unorthodox Racing | P2R and look forward to trying these out myself. Noticed they're a touch softer than the Nameless Performance version, probably splitting hairs there, but otherwise identical. I'll let folks know what my impression is once I get them put on.
Sounds good, report back and let us know for sure.

BTW: How did you determine that these were "softer" than the Nameless version?

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,494 Posts
Sounds good, report back and let us know for sure.

BTW: How did you determine that these were "softer" than the Nameless version?
Good question William. A rating of 100 is solid, meaning no give. Nameless specs their lower motor mount at a hardness of 80 where as the ones ThrownDown sells are listed with a rating of 75. Both these numbers are from their respective websites. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima 2.0T
366 Posts
Hello,
What's the end goal of these bushings?
Does it improve the handling of the car when you push it (torque steer, etc?)?
It is difficult to install on the car?

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,494 Posts
Hello,
What's the end goal of these bushing?
Does it improve the handling of the car when you push it (torque steer, etc?)?
It is difficult to install on the car?
Good question buddy. For those that don't know, these "harder" motor mounts eliminate the stock squishy motor mounts. The factory supplies some uber soft lower mounts and you can actually see them compress and such if you jack up the car and rock the motor back and forth in the cradle.

The motor mounts prevent the motor from twisting before power goes to the wheels. These are stiffer and are supposed to give better throttle response. Here is a link with pictures to the Nameless Performance version of the product, they give a good write up about what the mounts are supposed to do: Nameless motor mounts - Nameless Urethane Motor Mount Bushings - Thoughts, Reviews & General Discussion

Because they are firmer than stock, be warned that the natural vehicle harmonics are increased. There is a small and hardly noticeable vibration when at idle and the brakes are applied. Just fyi. but the tradeoff is power!! :) Oh and easy install if you can get the car safely off the ground.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,494 Posts
So i went and bought these but havent gotten under the car to see if they would fit the 2.4 has anybody tried??
So did I. I got a lot of parts to put on my vehicle, including the lower engine mounts, but its been so darn cold to work in my garage I might have to learn to be patient. And I'm not very patient! :grumble:

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima 2.0T
366 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Could you rank this mod compared to a Front Strut Tower Bar, stiff rings or 20 mm rear sway bar?
I'm sure it could help some readers on the level of improvements we can expect from this mod...

I'm not decided yet since I still have my Nexen tires on the car. More torque to the wheels might be useless...if the wheels are spinning on the ground in 1st and 2nd gears :)

P.S Temp is cold here (-25 celcius from time to time), I don't know if this could add to the vibration level during idling.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I have browsed the Web in the last hour to improve my knowledge on this...

Advantages
- Tougher than rubber.
- Diminish wheel hop.
- More power to the ground.
- Better torque response.
- Better feeling between gear shift.

Disadvantages
- More vibrations.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,494 Posts
Wtf? Serious?? =( i have an 11 so hope this is not the case ��
Check the build date on the sticker on the inside of your drivers side door.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Thanks for the info.
Could you rank this mod compared to a Front Strut Tower Bar, stiff rings or 20 mm rear sway bar?
My 2 cents. These mods do different things. The FSTB I strongly recommend as I could feel a change in the drivability. Feels more firm up front. The stiff rings I do not have but on the fence if they really help or not. I do not experience any subframe creaking or other noises. As for the 20mm rear sway bar, that depends on if you race at road courses. Read up on it, you'll see no benefit over the 18mm stock rear sway for a day driver or even straight away racing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have all these mods, 4 pc stiff rings, 20 mm RSB, luxon FSTB, and the lower engine mounts. I have to say that they were all worth the money that I paid for them. They all work great together to pull the suspension and handling tighter. The engine mounts help with the 1st gear to 2nd gear engine bounce. After I got my Utune flash done, I noticed that the 1st to 2nd gear change was pretty harsh. I bought the FTSB and RSB together and I installed the FTSB first because it was really like a 5-10 min. install. Really easy. Took it for a test drive and noticed that it handled a lot better. Lessened under steer during turns. After the RSB was installed, I could easily hold 50 mph in a circle offramp that before I could only take at 35mph without being scared it'd run off the road. It made the under steer feel like it was gone, more neutral I guess. The Stiff rings made the suspension less springy (bouncy?). Almost like I had put racing springs on. Going over speed bumps, the springs compress, and rebound once. Not bounce up and down a few times. I would say in order of effectiveness, FSTB, RSB, Stiff Rings, then Engine mounts (unless you're tuned, then get the engine mounts first). The mounts (Nameless) and stiff rings (shark racing), are pretty cheap mods and could be bought together without hurting your wallet much. I'd get those done together. The FSTB and RSB though will definitely make your car feel like a different vehicle. Handling will be way better and make your car feel more European, if you can imagine it. I got my FSTB and RSB together thru an ebay seller. Not sure if they're still selling them that way, but you should take a look. Might still be available.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts