Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annoying to have to press the button EVERY time I start the car. Is it like this on all Kia's in the U.S.? (Assume U.S. only models to appease their lawyers.) Is there a way to eliminate it? On all other cars I've had, it only asks every few weeks it seems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With all the hackers out there I can't imagine anyone hasn't come up with a hack for this. ****, I'd pay $20 or $30 for a fix.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
929 Posts
I know you were asking as to if there was a way to "eliminate" the nanny message but technically if you're willing to be patient enough, the message will eventually acknowledge by itself, thus precluding the need to press Accept.

Slight tangent but related to patience--I discovered that the seat belt chime that goes off whenever you don't have your seat belt on (or if you unbuckle it) eventually stops chiming after about a minute (or two).

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
I know you were asking as to if there was a way to "eliminate" the nanny message but technically if you're willing to be patient enough, the message will eventually acknowledge by itself, thus precluding the need to press Accept.

Slight tangent but related to patience--I discovered that the seat belt chime that goes off whenever you don't have your seat belt on (or if you unbuckle it) eventually stops chiming after about a minute (or two).
There is a connector under your seat which if you disconnect, the seatbelt "chime" goes away. :)

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
929 Posts
Good to know, although personally the chime doesn't bother me too much...plus it's not as if me or any passengers in my vehicle don't buckle up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts