Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Recommended Maintenance for my Kia Optima anyone?

I have a 2019 Kia Optima, FE 2.4 L. Non-Turbo Engine, 6 speed Automatic.
Are nutshell blasting services really recommended for my Kia Optima? If yes, how often? (Months and Mileage please, thank you!).
Any other recommended maintenance?
Engine and Transmission oil changes?
Please help, thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
344 Posts
No nuts! See attached info from Kia itself. It just someone trying to sell you something.

I would just go by user manual on maintenance for the details but my favorite OCI is 5K, that would work well for non-turbos. Trans doesn't really need fluid changes unless driven in 'severe' conditions like dusty areas, stop/go in 90+ temps most of the time, mountain driving, ect.

You might want to consider raising that super low passenger seat, I did what a difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No nuts! See attached info from Kia itself. It just someone trying to sell you something.

I would just go by user manual on maintenance for the details but my favorite OCI is 5K, that would work well for non-turbos. Trans doesn't really need fluid changes unless driven in 'severe' conditions like dusty areas, stop/go in 90+ temps most of the time, mountain driving, ect.

You might want to consider raising that super low passenger seat, I did what a difference.

Thank you very much sir. So many post throughout the internet, especially YouTube from self-proclaimed mechanics selling snake oil. Reason why I do thorough research, consider my options, and decide on logic not fear of engine failure.

The attachment says no work on the injectors to be done. But I was referring to nut blasting on the back of the intake valves, it doesn't mention that. Do you have any sources you can please provide on negative effects of nut blasting on back of intake valves? Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts