Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there u guys, I have a couple of questions about a 2018 Kia optima EX 2:4!!! So like idk I've been ordering stuff of line and what notcold air intake Cat-Back exhaust rotors pads all that good stuff but then I literally bought myself a chip made for my whip and what not, not like those cheap ass ones made for every1..and my dad swears that this is the problem but I disagree with something like 100%.I took first couple of days a or even a week or two it was fine driving more then fucking better then she every has before!!! But all of a sudden the gas pedal started getting stiff I'll push the gas and I wouldn't really go anywhere, somewhat stiff & like if ihad not as much power as I did before... I literally pulled it back out like last few days or so and it's been driving okay after restarting all the programs and what. Any ideas????

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Maybe it was a mechanical issue, like something stuck behind the pedal, or the hinge was stiff and by pulling the pedal back out you freed it up?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
Actually never saw a stiff drive by wire accelerator pedal, let alone one that's stiff but then is back to normal.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting your 2018 Optima.

I literally bought myself a chip made for my whip and what not, not like those cheap ass ones made for every1.
Hmm :unsure:...

There really aren't any "chips" that are made specifically for a non turbo Optima, more like universal products that claim to increase HP.

I would love to see/view more information about what you purchased made specifically for your model, not the ones made for everyone.

Hopefully you figure out the issue with the pedal.

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 4 of 4 Posts