Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,116 Posts
I can't speak as to what's offered on Canada-spec'd Kia vehicles, but it's interesting to see that for U.S. models (per Kia U.S. website) the UVO link remote, Sirius XM, Parking Distance Warning-Reverse, and ventilated front seats are optional features on the GT trim but standard on EX. Also interesting that the only engines offered (two) in the K5 lineup are all turbocharged, and the fuel tank capacity is 14.5 gallons vs. 18.5 gallons for previous MY Optimas. Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Reverse isn't even an option for the GT as well, and bummer that Kia doesn't even offer the Nappa Leather seating option for the K5.

TL;DR--It looks like the GT is as close as you can get to getting what would be equivalent to a SXL trim (with the appropriate optional packages), just with a more powerful engine and 2 more gears in the tranny.

1st timer--not to insult your intelligence, but isn't there a Kia Canada website where you can spec out a GT and thus have the answers to your question? If one were to presume that the features listed as available (either standard or optional) for U.S. K5 GT models are also available for Canadian K5 GT models, then the answer to your question is "yes" (as part of some optional package--e.g., navigation is optional and even then only for GT-Line, EX, and GT).

·
Registered
477 Posts
I can't speak as to what's offered on Canada-spec'd Kia vehicles, but it's interesting to see that for U.S. models (per Kia U.S. website) the UVO link remote, Sirius XM, Parking Distance Warning-Reverse, and ventilated front seats are optional features on the GT trim but standard on EX. Also interesting that the only engines offered (two) in the K5 lineup are all turbocharged, and the fuel tank capacity is 14.5 gallons vs. 18.5 gallons for previous MY Optimas. Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Reverse isn't even an option for the GT as well, and bummer that Kia doesn't even offer the Nappa Leather seating option for the K5.

TL;DR--It looks like the GT is as close as you can get to getting what would be equivalent to a SXL trim (with the appropriate optional packages), just with a more powerful engine and 2 more gears in the tranny.

1st timer--not to insult your intelligence, but isn't there a Kia Canada website where you can spec out a GT and thus have the answers to your question? If one were to presume that the features listed as available (either standard or optional) for U.S. K5 GT models are also available for Canadian K5 GT models, then the answer to your question is "yes" (as part of some optional package--e.g., navigation is optional and even then only for GT-Line, EX, and GT).
There was so much hype about the GT and N-Line but once you start comparing trim to trim they are less desirable. No top tier features for a top tier trim, harsher ride, and constant wheel spin. Still worth the consideration before completely dismissing them though. At this point I'm excited for the new Stinger with the 2.5T. Yes more expensive, but it will come equipped with better daily driver features such as AWD and a conventional 8 speed auto.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,006 Posts
Yes there's a website but not clear on what's included.
Anyway, just came back from the dealer.
GT comes fully loaded. Apple car play/ android auto, 360 degree cameras, HUD, paddle shifters, drive mode, pano roof...
Basically, no options to chose from except color.
Edit: no 360 camera.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Also has a 12.3" digital cluster.
I'd like to see the data they collected that shows the U.S. doesn't want top tier features that other markets get. It's a bit ridiculous how much less car you get for the money in the states.

Reactions: 1st timer

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,006 Posts
I'd like to see the data they collected that shows the U.S. doesn't want top tier features that other markets get. It's a bit ridiculous how much less car you get for the money in the states.
I agree. For once, us Canadians get something better lol.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,116 Posts
Indeed--IIRC, up until the last year or so of the previous-gen Optima wireless charging and rain-sensing wipers (the latter I'm not even sure if it was even ever offered on U.S. Optimas) weren't available even as an option for U.S.-spec Optimas but were available for Canadian-spec ones.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,006 Posts
Are all K5s made in the states? My. Optima was made in Korea. Wondering if it's the same for Canadian models.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,116 Posts
That a** looks a little dirty to me...could use some toilet paper there--LOL j/k!

Congrats on the purchase!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Hey Everyone,

New person to the forums.

I may not be the first, but I picked up a EX w/ Premium Package in red on 8/7/20. Traded a 2016 Subaru Legacy with 88k. Wasn't going to do another red car for a bit, but when I saw it, couldn't help myself. I was the first person to take delivery of a K5 at this dealer as well.

Bought with 20 miles on it, already past 850 miles as of 8/14/20. I commute 150 miles per day round trip, so I went with something that was going to be comfortable, good gas mileage, and looked good. I average 40k/miles a year, so I plan running this until about 100-120k and getting something else. Already got an appointment at a dealer to look at a plastic squeak in my HVAC controls as well as a popping noise in my headliner. Otherwise, I am really, really enjoying the car. Considering I spend roughly 2.5 hrs a day in my car, this was totally worth it.

View attachment 248945
Create a new intro post and post this up! ;)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
6 Posts
Never imagined I'd like a white car, but you really hit all the right angles looks amazing!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts