Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

Registered
Hello everyone. Stopped by the Kia dealership to check out the K5, ended up trading in my 06 murano. Got a 21 Wolf grey K5 gt-line w premium pkg right off the delivery truck!

Well done Kia! Love鈥檔 it so far, it definitely turns heads.

I still need to get the windows tinted and wrap the chrome trim. And get some better pics 馃槀

Registered
I'm thinking about getting this one. Is this the special edition with AWD? Does the premium package come with XM radio?

Registered
Picked up this wolf gray GT-Line with the red interior about three weeks ago. Great gas mileage so far, which is good since the work commute is 25k miles a year. Gets a lot of looks and it's hard to believe the list of features and styling at this price point. Love the car so far, only downside is that the Apple Car Play has trouble staying connected.

Registered
2016 Optima Optima SXL
I picked up a K5 EX, Black, this past weekend. Really like it and the 1.6T does surprising well coupled with the 8 speed transmission. Doesn鈥檛 have quite the get up and go that my last Optima SLX 2.0T had but still has more than enough power to maneuver if need be.

Registered
If anyone is curious about how these cars look with tinted windows, here you go! Couldn't be happier.. 4% all the way around with 18% on the windshield.

Registered
Just picked a GT-Line couple days ago and loving it. The only thing is, I'm having issues with what sounds like faint vibrations/rattles on the driver side (possibly from the roof liner) and passenger side (possibly the sunroof) of the car inside the cabin. The best I can describe what the noises sound like is slight vibrations against the foam lining, but hard to say for sure.

From what I've seen online, it seems like other KIA owners experience this on their new car too, but just wanted to see if any other K5 owners are experiencing this. It's something that drives me a bit nuts, but I need to figure out if it's something I just need to learn to live with or take it to the dealership to have them look at it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
I've not had any issues with my K5 EX. I've read reports like yours, as well as noise from the climate control panel or something like that. But I've not experienced any of it myself.

Registered
I've not had any issues with my K5 EX. I've read reports like yours, as well as noise from the climate control panel or something like that. But I've not experienced any of it myself.
Thanks for chiming in. I guess you lucked out, wish I could say the same. I haven't experienced any noise from the climate control panel, but another issue on my car is the wireless Apple Carplay constantly dropping connection (this seems to be a common issue amongst K5 GT-Line Premium Package owners).

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks for chiming in. I guess you lucked out, wish I could say the same. I haven't experienced any noise from the climate control panel, but another issue on my car is the wireless Apple Carplay constantly dropping connection (this seems to be a common issue amongst K5 GT-Line Premium Package owners).
The Carplay issue does indeed seem to be pretty common on that model with the premium package. If you haven't already, I'd suggest the K5Owners.com forum, I'm pretty sure there are folks talking about that issue (and a few others) over there.

Registered
The Carplay issue does indeed seem to be pretty common on that model with the premium package. If you haven't already, I'd suggest the K5Owners.com forum, I'm pretty sure there are folks talking about that issue (and a few others) over there.
Ah, didn't know that site existed. Thanks for pointing that out!

Registered
Welcome to the Optima Forums @meubin10

I am happy to announce that you are the 1st 2021 K5 owner here to post on the forum.

Definitely a great looking ride for sure! Let us know if there is anything we can help you find for it.

We already have a few items in stock for the new 2021, Center Console Tray Inserts, Emblems, Spark Plugs, Tune, Oil Catch Can, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with finding anything to personalize your new K5. :)

-David
K5 Optima Store
David,

What tune kits do you have for the 2021? I have a Kia K5 EX and would love some extra HP!!!

Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
David,

What tune kits do you have for the 2021? I have a Kia K5 EX and would love some extra HP!!!
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Unfortunately, at this time, there are no tuning options available for the 2021 model, but we are working on them as we speak and should have some thing available during the first quarter of 2021.

-David
K5 Optima Store

Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
Can you '21 guys comment on the headlights and IF you have (in no or Low light areas) a Black Veil over the top half of the windshield and Short-distance illuminated street viewing?

Registered
I had a 2017 Optima LX, and I just traded it Tuesday (Aug 4) for the 2021 K5 EX. I know these are new and there isn't much discussion about them in this forum yet. Just curious who else has made their way into one.

Mine isn't fully loaded, but has a handful of additional options (not the EX Premium Package, however). I've enjoyed it so far, and I think it looks great. Gravity Gray exterior, with the sand interior.

View attachment 248911

View attachment 248912
I just bought a 21 K5 GT line love it !!!!

Registered
Hi folks. I was a lurker here for a long time after I got my 2011 Optima EX, prem & tech pkgs, dark cherry/sand. I just got a '21 K5 EX with prem pkg, black /black. Inventory seems limited in my area for the EX...the color choices are limited. I almost got the black with ash blue interior, but decided on the black. I guess it came down to not liking the ash blue with the light tan headliner. The gravity gray/sand interior of the earlier poster is sweet.

I still need to learn all about its technology and set up Android Auto. What a difference 10 yrs makes when it comes to advancements! Funny though how you can miss some of the features of its predecessor. ..chrome tip exhausts, center console tray and fog lights :).

I look forward to reading about what all of you have to say about your K5.

Registered
Discussion Starter #57
Hi folks. I was a lurker here for a long time after I got my 2011 Optima EX, prem & tech pkgs, dark cherry/sand. I just got a '21 K5 EX with prem pkg, black /black. Inventory seems limited in my area for the EX...the color choices are limited. I almost got the black with ash blue interior, but decided on the black. I guess it came down to not liking the ash blue with the light tan headliner. The gravity gray/sand interior of the earlier poster is sweet.

I still need to learn all about its technology and set up Android Auto. What a difference 10 yrs makes when it comes to advancements! Funny though how you can miss some of the features of its predecessor. ..chrome tip exhausts, center console tray and fog lights :).

I look forward to reading about what all of you have to say about your K5.
They set up a forum for the '21+ K5 here Kia K5 Forum

Congrats on the K5. The EX is available in plenty in my area. Color choices aren't vast, but good enough.

Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
Hi folks. I was a lurker here for a long time after I got my 2011 Optima EX, prem & tech pkgs, dark cherry/sand. I just got a '21 K5 EX with prem pkg, black /black.
Welcome, glad you decided to officially join. Congratulations on getting your 2021 K5.

What a difference 10 yrs makes when it comes to advancements! Funny though how you can miss some of the features of its predecessor. ..chrome tip exhausts, center console tray and fog lights :)
We do have the center console trays that fit perfectly on the new 2021 K5. Not yet listed on our website, but feel free to shoot us a private message or email if you鈥檇 like photos and pricing information

Registered
2015 Kia Optima
For any GT owners, I'm thinking of picking up a k5 GT and wondering, does it come with navigation, drive mode selection,lane assist...

41 - 60 of 79 Posts