Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey Everyone,

New person to the forums.

I may not be the first, but I picked up a EX w/ Premium Package in red on 8/7/20. Traded a 2016 Subaru Legacy with 88k. Wasn't going to do another red car for a bit, but when I saw it, couldn't help myself. I was the first person to take delivery of a K5 at this dealer as well.

Bought with 20 miles on it, already past 850 miles as of 8/14/20. I commute 150 miles per day round trip, so I went with something that was going to be comfortable, good gas mileage, and looked good. I average 40k/miles a year, so I plan running this until about 100-120k and getting something else. Already got an appointment at a dealer to look at a plastic squeak in my HVAC controls as well as a popping noise in my headliner. Otherwise, I am really, really enjoying the car. Considering I spend roughly 2.5 hrs a day in my car, this was totally worth it.

View attachment 248945
Thanks for sharing! The red sure looks good as well. You sure do put a lot of miles on your vehicle! I'm the opposite, putting maybe 7K per year at the very most, which is nice. I bought mine a week and a half ago now, and I think I have just a little over 200 miles on it (bought with about 60).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too, picked up a Red EX a few weeks ago....Love it so far, except 2x I have already "scraped" the tailpipe when backing up on a very light dip.....The sound it made was quite unnerving. Anybody else run into that issue yet? Also, how do I turn off the Geo Fence Alert? It pops up on my screen like every 10 minutes, very annoying. I bought the Weathertech front/rear & trunk Laser cut liners. Just received the new 3.0 Red Carbon Fiber Logos to put on. Oh, and I also had the windows Ceramic coated this weekend!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I too, picked up a Red EX a few weeks ago....Love it so far, except 2x I have already "scraped" the tailpipe when backing up on a very light dip.....The sound it made was quite unnerving. Anybody else run into that issue yet? Also, how do I turn off the Geo Fence Alert? It pops up on my screen like every 10 minutes, very annoying. I bought the Weathertech front/rear & trunk Laser cut liners. Just received the new 3.0 Red Carbon Fiber Logos to put on. Oh, and I also had the windows Ceramic coated this weekend! View attachment 248965 View attachment 248966
Looks good! I've not had an issue with the tailpipe scraping at all, but I also don't know that I've gone over anything that could cause it. Also not sure about geofencing, I'm not sure mine even has that? If it does, I don't have that issue.

I'm hoping to get my windows tinted in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
119 Posts
I too, picked up a Red EX a few weeks ago....Love it so far, except 2x I have already "scraped" the tailpipe when backing up on a very light dip.....The sound it made was quite unnerving. Anybody else run into that issue yet? Also, how do I turn off the Geo Fence Alert? It pops up on my screen like every 10 minutes, very annoying. I bought the Weathertech front/rear & trunk Laser cut liners. Just received the new 3.0 Red Carbon Fiber Logos to put on. Oh, and I also had the windows Ceramic coated this weekend! View attachment 248965 View attachment 248966
Red looks beautiful! Best of luck with it. I’m deciding between the black or white For the GT trim. Did you happen to see both colors side by side in person? If so what did you think?

·
Administrator
2000 Many Many
803 Posts
Welcome to all of the new K5 owners.

For the K5 owners, please take a moment to also sign-up and introduce yourself on our new 2021 K5 focused site at K5Owners.com. Our brand new site specifically for the new K5. The site will grow and build out soon once more people take delivery of their K5s. (y)

·
Registered
2021 Kia GT-Line
18 Posts
I picked up a new 2021 K5 GT-Line and I am not in love with this car. I traded in my 2017 Kia Optima Hybrid Premium which I know was on the bottom of the Totem Pole. I really loved having SiriusXM in my car as I drive a bit to work and back. I had already signed the papers for the car before I realized it did not have XM. The reason I did not know it did not have this is because I purchased this on Saturday Night and the car had not been PTI'd yes and was told it just came of the truck. I didn't even drive it until Tuesday when I picked it up.

I have driven the car since Tuesday and I do like the car, just not 100% happy. Yes, I know this is my own fault but for the last 5-6 Optima's have come with it. I just assumes it did. I guess the only K5 that has it is the EX which I do not understand. Disappointed!

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I picked up a new 2021 K5 GT-Line and I am not in love with this car. I traded in my 2017 Kia Optima Hybrid Premium which I know was on the bottom of the Totem Pole. I really loved having SiriusXM in my car as I drive a bit to work and back. I had already signed the papers for the car before I realized it did not have XM. The reason I did not know it did not have this is because I purchased this on Saturday Night and the car had not been PTI'd yes and was told it just came of the truck. I didn't even drive it until Tuesday when I picked it up.

I have driven the car since Tuesday and I do like the car, just not 100% happy. Yes, I know this is my own fault but for the last 5-6 Optima's have come with it. I just assumes it did. I guess the only K5 that has it is the EX which I do not understand. Disappointed!

Chris
Ah, sorry that happened! I personally don't use satellite radio, but my EX did indeed come with it. And I didn't realize other trim levels did not.

·
Registered
2021 Kia GT-Line
18 Posts
Does anyone know or heard anything about a Firmware/Software update for the K5 GT-Line that will add SiriusXM?

Chris

·
Registered
461 Posts
I was quite bummed to find that out that only the EX has it.

Chris
SiriusXM is standard on the EX and optional on LXS, GT-Line, and GT.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Neemster,
According to the dealership it is only in the EX. A lot of the salesmen did not know it went away.

Chris
I'm just going off of the Kia US site. They must not have any in stock at the dealership.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts