Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving yesterday and child ran off the road so I slammed on my brakes but when I did that I heard a pop and pulled over and lift it up the hood and there is antifreeze everywhere does anybody know what could have caused this or how this could have happened cuz I'm pretty sure that slamming on the brakes doesn't have anything to do with radiator or antifreeze right?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
I would say normally the two are not related yet there sure seems like a cause (hard braking, engine movement) and effect (fluid everywhere).

Did anyone inspect to see where fluid is coming from?

Best guess is engine forward movement from hard braking (just a few millimeters) may have caused a hose clamp to come loose, but that's just a guess.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
Yes, the pop sound might just be the hose popping loose. maybe just have to pop it back on, and make sure the spring clamp for the hose is correctly positioned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Inspect the hoses running off the radiator. Sounds like one came off, and under a quick stop (especially w/ bad motor mounts) I could see how it would pop off or even break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts