Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to remove the antenna cover without removing the entire antenna from the car on my 2015 kia optima?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,010 Posts
Yeah, just drive your car through one of those automated car washes--the antenna cover will just come right off...LOL j/k! Yeah that was some bad humor on my part but if you do a search in this forum for antenna covers you'll find a lot of posts from members about the cover coming off on its own yet leaving the antenna assembly base more or less intact; in more than a few of these instances the cover came off after the car having been driven through a car wash but there have been other circumstances where owners have found the cover gone missing.

Based on pictures I've seen of it in this forum, it looks like the cover can be snapped off (i.e., removed) cleanly but can't really be reused unless you decide to glue it back on or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, just drive your car through one of those automated car washes--the antenna cover will just come right off...LOL j/k! Yeah that was some bad humor on my part but if you do a search in this forum for antenna covers you'll find a lot of posts from members about the cover coming off on its own yet leaving the antenna assembly base more or less intact; in more than a few of these instances the cover came off after the car having been driven through a car wash but there have been other circumstances where owners have found the cover gone missing.

Based on pictures I've seen of it in this forum, it looks like the cover can be snapped off (i.e., removed) cleanly but can't really be reused unless you decide to glue it back on or something.
Thank you, i actually just replaced it with a new cover today. It is held on by 5 tiny screws so it was necessary to. Remove the entire antenna from under the headliner in order not to break it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to remove the antenna cover without removing the entire antenna from the car on my 2015 kia optima?
Yup car wash :D j/I
It happen to me it just 3m tape holding it on.BUT I 3M& HOT GLUED MINE BACK ON STRONG HOLD NOW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts