Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point the recalls are getting too much. There are so many recall letters in our house right now from KIA. Don’t get me wrong our Optima is a great car and hasn’t given us any major issues and we love that but the recalls are getting entirely too extensive. Seems like there’s a new fire recall risk every other year lol. You 11-12 owners are probably laughing at the rest of us lol.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
I didnt see years listed in the read, did I miss them?

The recalls are GREAT for resale value. -.-

Beginning to consider more and more the last option on the class action settlement. (Trading in for a new kia and getting full blackbook based on condition when issue was presented or something)

·
Registered
2021 KIA Forte EX
370 Posts
I checked my brake fluid recently (I have a 2012 EX so not included in the recall yet) and the level was low so I had it exchanged for the first time (the original fluid had 130K, low moisture content but it was dirty). Upon further inspection after the service was done, I noticed a stain from hydraulic fluid on the brake booster in multiple areas, it was dark since dirt was attracted to the stain. I think the stain has been there for a bit and unrelated to the exchange service. I assumed it was a leaky hose or something, so I cleaned it up to see if it will come back. I took some pictures of the areas that were stained and added red arrows for emphasis. The booster is starting to rust a bit. Does anyone have any details on where the leak described in the recall is originating from?
IMG_20200912_190052.jpg

IMG_20200912_190017.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts