Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was curious, i cant seem to get andriod auto to work, but it said that the 2016 Optimas where the first year to introduce android auto, so i was wondering if the LX was just not included with them? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It also depends on your phone. I have the 18 LX but my phone gets Iffy with android auto.
It does works with my girl's iPhone

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
441 Posts
I can't make sense of the Kia Owner's Site anymore, UVO was hard to find, and I saw nothing about Car Play in either site.
Have never used Car Play although I Dnloaded it from GooglePlay.
A 2016 Optima should be equipped and ask Dealer about Setup IF Searches don't get you going.

Kia Motors announced that the 2017 Sportage and 2016 Optima will be the first vehicles Kia vehicles to offer Apple CarPlay when equipped with a compatible navigation system or UVO3. ... CarPlay gives drivers the ability to access the device's seamless user interface through Kia's UVO infotainment system

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2016 EX Andoid Auto does not work mine is early build maybe later on in build year they started putting in?

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
27 Posts
Keep in mind android auto and apple CarPlay are two seperate technologies, you car may have one or the other or both.

Also to note android auto requires your phone to have the android auto app.

Finally make sure you are on the correct USB input. Some USBs only power the phone (I e. Armrest cubby USB port), vs main console port under the radio may be power and data transfer.

Sorry if these seem to be android auto for dummies tips. Things I learned experimenting with mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts