Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of general questions:

1. Where is the ambient temperature sensor located? I cannot seem to find any real pictures of where it is, and my guage cluster temperature guage has been reading 99 degrees, with spikes up to 104 ever since I replaced my stereo and climate controls.

2. Can you upgrade your HVA/C system to automatic if you install the internal temperature sensor? I have a 2013 LX, but the Phoenix panel I've installed has dual zone automatic controls. I found a capped off set of wires and a plug that looks like it would fit, but I don't know if I'd need any extra parts.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,463 Posts
I thought it was the sensor in front of the radiator, directly in the airflow. Haven't looked in a while but maybe that's just what I remembered. As for the internal sensor, I thought it was behind the little set of slits on the dash that allowed interior air to be drawn in over it and get a reading. Again, I'm just assuming based on what I've seen on other cars of mine in the past. But I would think that sensor (where ever it is located) would be needed for the dual climate control to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts