Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back....You were so much help with my sub and amp install, I am sure you all will help with these lights. I got these Amber LED flex strips to tuck in between headlight assembly and hood of my 2016 Optima LX but,of course, something has me confused. The lights both have red, black and yellow wires coming from them. But those wires run from each light strip
are both hooked to this lil box that is a light controller and the wires coming from it to be hooked up to the car only has 2 wires 1 red and 1 black. So if I hook them up to the car using the red wire for the positive and connect to the headlight and the black is negative for a ground how will these lights work accordingly work with the lights -correctly? I am pretty sure they are supposed to be sequential to blink for signals. Who wants to be kind enough to tell me where and what to connect? Thank you

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
You pretty much have it, red/black from box to hot/ground on lights so they turn on with the lights, unless you want to switch them on separetly.

Then the yellow wire goes to the hot on the turn signal wires, so the unit will change from white to amber at the blinkers operate. You can test it real quick straight off the battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts