Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably posted numerous times. I have a 2011 Optima that the alternator doesn’t put out. New alt has been installed, it has been bench tested good. Battery is load tested good. You can start the car and turn on loads, only read battery voltage. I have went to the output stud of the alt and only get battery voltage. I know there is a battery monitor on the negative cable, needing information on how to diagnose and repair the system.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
DC current appears at alternator "B" terminal. In addition, the charging voltage of this alternator is regulated by the battery voltage detection system.
Alternator Management System
Alternator management system controls the charging voltage set point in order to improve fuel economy, manage alternator load under various operating conditions, keep the battery charged, and protect the battery from over-charging. ECM controls generating voltage by duty cycle (charging control, discharging control, normal control) based on the battery conditions and vehicle operating conditions.
The system conducts discharging control when accelerating a vehicle. Vehicle reduces an alternator load and consumes an electric power form a battery.
The system conducts charging control when decelerating a vehicle. Vehicle increases an alternator load and charges a battery.

Rather than posting, check repair procedures:

·
Registered
2011 Optima GX Manual
5 Posts
I know this has probably posted numerous times. I have a 2011 Optima that the alternator doesn’t put out. New alt has been installed, it has been bench tested good. Battery is load tested good. You can start the car and turn on loads, only read battery voltage. I have went to the output stud of the alt and only get battery voltage. I know there is a battery monitor on the negative cable, needing information on how to diagnose and repair the system.
What ended up being your fix? Ours just died Thursday and replacement alternators aren't working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts