Kia Optima Forums banner

Alternator Change

15K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  nalspeedsx 
#1 ·
Couple of quick questions folks:

1. Has anyone changed there alternator? seems to be ina tight spot..didnt see anywhere where someone has.

2. whats our factory alternator Amps?, and has anyone found a direct fit HO alt for us?

any insight would be greatly appreciated!! :)

#5 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
From what I see not too difficult, remove belt and through bolt, pull alternator. Never did a 3G, but on the earlier models the lower bolt wouldn't come out all the way, so left it in place, but alternator needed some persuasion to be removed from, let's say a saddle, believe I used a short pry bar.

#8 ·
Hi there thanks for replying, I was wondering which alternator did you buy, did you go for the OEM which cost an arm and a leg or just any aftermarket ones? if aftermarket do you remember which brand you used? thanks again.

#9 ·
I had a used unit sitting in the garage, but for one of my other cars always try to purchase a new unit, not remanufactured/rebuilt.
Take a look at RockAuto, new 2012 2.0T TYC $132 (Lifetime Warranty) + shipping.
I've used TYC products before not a problem.
If you go this route, use code 128133577114193028 in where did you hear about us and get a 5% discount on part(s), not shipping.

Depending on your location used units for the SX available as low as $35.

#10 ·
ok appreciate your help man! thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.