Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone Could help me with an issue I’m having. The album art will display on the home screen of the UVO for the first song, but when switched to a different song (of same album) it shows the generic music note. This happens when the phone is connected via USB (iPhone). So more times than not I’m looking at the generic note, even though the album art “occasionally” shows up, but is present when I use CarPlay. I tried the almighty search function to no avail. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Are you on the latest UVO firmware (just released a few months ago)? I've had that happen to me in my 2018 Optima--hard to say with any certainty as to whether that anomaly was an UVO issue or an iPhone issue but in any case try updating the firmware (if you haven't already done so) and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not sure if I’m on the latest version, but I would assume so as the car is only a couple of months old. I appreciate your response, and I’ll contact the dealer to see if it needs an update. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Hopefully the dealer will be able to obtain the upgrade for you for free given that your car is only a few months old--assuming of course that your car isn't already on the latest version. Worse case scenario you can look up what version your car is currently running and then go to the below website to see if it's the latest version:

Kia Navigation Map update home page

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully the dealer will be able to obtain the upgrade for you for free given that your car is only a few months old--assuming of course that your car isn't already on the latest version. Worse case scenario you can look up what version your car is currently running and then go to the below website to see if it's the latest version:

Kia Navigation Map update home page
I would hope they would update it, but I will check and look into the website you provided. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts