Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a 2019 SX and it’s got the Dynamic Bending Light - Auto Leveling LED lights. From what I can tell, if I’m about ten feet from a wall, it looks like the two notches from the lights are evenly spaced from left to right. But get out to about 50-100 feet in front of me, and the lights seemed to be aimed to the left side of the car. Being as anal retentive as I am, it seems like they should be straight and in the middle at all times (unless I’m turning of course). So is there a way to calibrate center, or to aim the lights from left to right? From my research it seems like you can only adjust the height level.

Anyway, just a dumb question but I really don’t want to bring it to the dealer for it.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
If your talking about the "notch" missing of light. It's so your less dont blind drivers in the opposing lane of traffic. That isnt the center of the lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that's interesting. And annoying, lol. My OCD has taken over. But it makes sense that it moves the notches to the left, where opposing traffic would be. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
I understand your OCD ness. I noticed it on my 18 off the dealers lot. But then gave the car to the wife and never looked back (road trips aside)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts