Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any harness to adapt an aftermarket camera to the OEM plug in the trunk lid ? I would hate running new wires to the Navi . Last option would be to canibalize the broken OEM camera wire and use a 6v aftermarket camera.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Don't think so... Do you know the video format for the OEM camera? Once you know that, as long as the aftermarket camera uses the same format, you should have fewer issues adapting it to the existing setup.

And yes, I would absolutely cannibalize the old connector and wires. As long as you know which wire is which, adapting a new camera to that setup, or better yet, picking a camera with the same wiring setup, and just a different plug would be the best option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as it's 6v NTSC it works and shaped as a cube so you can use the OEM bracket (OEM Navi puts out 6v for the camera). I contacted a Chinese wholesaler with the ideea of an adapter and maybe they will start manufacturing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.