Kia Optima Forums banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
I've finally got adapter for AC and connected it. AC works but now I have another weird issue - speedometer is not working! Fuel gauge is also acting "weird", showing wrong amount of fuel (in one moment I have half of tank, in another 1/4 of tank). Of course, mileage is not counting since speedometer isn't working. When I completely unplug multimedia from the system, everything works as it should. Did anyone else experienced similar issue?

Attachments

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
Ok, solved issue with speedo.
In my case, main issue with this unit was wiring which is for non-EU model. It was almost 100% like this diagram (and nothing worked, maybe this below is US diagram?):

This is wiring for Sportage EU model (it can be applied to EU Optima):

Please note that connector letters (A and B) are different between two diagrams. This is valid for EU model ONLY!

I changed:

Pin 1 (Connector B) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 11 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for CAN H
Pin 13 (Connector B) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 23 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for CAN L
Pin 4 (Connector B) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 8 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for steering wheel buttons (phone call buttons are still not working, KEY1 wire needs to be connected)
Pin 8 (Connector A) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 6 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for button illumination on unit
Pin 21 (Connector B) on "old "diagram ---> Pin 3 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for Aux L
Pin 18 (Connector A) on "old" diagram - I removed it in my case because it makes interference with speedometer since this cable on unit is for Antenna power (see Pin 10 on "Sportage" connector B).

Now I only need to connect KEY1 wire (don't know where) and rear cam.
I also had issue with sound which was very quiet (I have Infinity system). Solution was to click on "console" in unit menu and then on "original amplifier settings". There I found additional sound options and now sound quality is very good.

· Registered
4 Posts
Ok, solved issue with speedo.
In my case, main issue with this unit was wiring which is for non-EU model. It was almost 100% like this diagram (and nothing worked, maybe this below is US diagram?):

View attachment 250326
This is wiring for Sportage EU model (it can be applied to EU Optima):

View attachment 250327

View attachment 250328

Please note that connector letters (A and B) are different between two diagrams. This is valid for EU model ONLY!

I changed:

Pin 1 (Connector B) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 11 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for CAN H
Pin 13 (Connector B) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 23 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for CAN L
Pin 4 (Connector B) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 8 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for steering wheel buttons (phone call buttons are still not working, KEY1 wire needs to be connected)
Pin 8 (Connector A) on "old" diagram ---> Pin 6 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for button illumination on unit
Pin 21 (Connector B) on "old "diagram ---> Pin 3 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. This is for Aux L
Pin 18 (Connector A) on "old" diagram - I removed it in my case because it makes interference with speedometer since this cable on unit is for Antenna power (see Pin 10 on "Sportage" connector B).

Now I only need to connect KEY1 wire (don't know where) and rear cam.
I also had issue with sound which was very quiet (I have Infinity system). Solution was to click on "console" in unit menu and then on "original amplifier settings". There I found additional sound options and now sound quality is very good.
Did you finally solve the last problem to have phone call buttons working?

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
Did you finally solve the last problem to have phone call buttons working?
If I remember well, I connected KEY1 to Pin 8 (Connector A) on "Sportage" diagram. On my wiring this was blue wire which I cut and then connected this blue with KEY1. After that I got possibility to program buttons in menu.
you have the same unit? I have issue with outside temp display on spedometer - it'll show current temp when you start the car, but I'll not increase it in case you came in area with higher temp. Hovewer, it'll decrease it without issue if outside temp goes lower. When I connect original unit, everything is ok.
Also, I have feeling that AC works the same if I chose 19 or 25 degrees, it's cold :)

· Registered
1 Posts
You need to check that the illumination cable of your android unit is connected to the correct place in the connector.

The first photo shows the order of the pins on the connector of my android unit. The location of the pins may vary between different units, so check with your own unit.

In my unit, pin number 10 is illuminated.

The second photo seems to be the wiring diagram for your car. But I’m not sure if it’s the same as you. If it is the same, the illumination cable of the android unit should be connected to number 8 (illumination +) on terminal A.
Hi. Do tou know where is reverse camera video input? Missing cables on my aftermarket radio. Please

· Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Tesla style android unit from China (PX6, Android 9). My car is a 2013 model year and has automatic air conditioning, a navigator, Infinity audio and a reversing camera.

When the unit arrived, it came with a wiring harness with no canbus decors. I installed the unit and found that there is no sound at all. The steering wheel functions work. I contacted the seller and they promised to send the canbus decoders to the unit.

A new wiring harness arrived with canbus decoders. I installed them in the unit, but the situation was the same, there was no sound at all. A new feature was that the steering wheel functions no longer worked.

I contacted the vendor and they made a video call to check the connections and the canbus protocol was changed from the unit but there was no effect.

The seller promised to send new canbus decoders, and now I look forward to their arrival.

Many have installed a similar unit in their car as I have, and everything works. Could any of you tell me which canbus decoders you have in use? Does the other have to be an SPDIF canbus decoder for the sounds to work?
Good evening i have same problem with sound but for hyundai ix35 can you please help
Finger Nail Font Electric blue Gas
Electrical wiring Gas Circuit component Cable Wire

Gas Machine Gadget Electric blue Electronic engineering

Gas Machine Electronic engineering Audio equipment

Gadget Machine Gas Engineering Electronic engineering

Hand Gesture Finger Gas Engineering

Hand Finger Font Thumb Nail

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello ! I have a Kia Optima Eu 2013, nav, rear camera, voice commands and infinity. I installed a unit like the one in your descriptions, I modified the pins for the reason but I have 2 big problems. the first climate works but my fan doesn't start (sounds are heard when I change modes, AC off, etc. and the second the sound is heard only in the front part of the car and the maximum volume in this case is when I reach 25 and when I go from 25 to 40 the sound decreases slightly

101 - 113 of 113 Posts