Kia Optima Forums banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
The photo shows the functions of the steering wheel buttons. The system menu has two options for the steering wheel buttons. Either by protocol or by learning. I have learning to choose.
My steering wheel controls only work for volume +/-, track selection, and mode. The phone call and voice buttons don’t work. Also, none of my controls cause the buttons in the menu pictured to turn green. PIN 4 is for steering remote control which is connected. Furthermore, my green Phone call button (accept call) causes my system to mute.

Did you connect anything else, like the KEY1 or KEY2 wires coming out of the back of the unit? Any special settings changed?

· Registered
3 Posts
[QUOTE = "hd944, post: 2233277, member: 143213"]
Jetzt funktioniert das System. Mein Auto hat einen Originalverstärker. Es mussten keine Änderungen vorgenommen werden.

Ich habe die Rückfahrkamera ausgetauscht. Ich kann ein Video davon machen, wie schnell das Gerät die Kamera einschaltet.

Zuerst hatte ich das Problem, dass überhaupt kein Ton zu hören war. Der Fehler war, dass sich Can Hi und Can Lo an der falschen Stelle am Stecker befanden. Ich habe Fotos vor und nach dem Wechsel.
[/ZITAT]
Bitte zeigen Sie mir Bilder 😏
Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit dem Ton.
. E-Mail ([email protected])
.thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
[QUOTE = "hd944, post: 2233412, member: 143213"]
Ich habe extra funktionierende Canbus-Decoder, wenn jemand sie kaufen möchte.
[/ZITAT]
Bitte Preis?
.is fit for Santa Fe ix45 premium with original amplifier?

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
My steering wheel controls only work for volume +/-, track selection, and mode. The phone call and voice buttons don’t work. Also, none of my controls cause the buttons in the menu pictured to turn green. PIN 4 is for steering remote control which is connected. Furthermore, my green Phone call button (accept call) causes my system to mute.

Did you connect anything else, like the KEY1 or KEY2 wires coming out of the back of the unit? Any special settings changed?
If I remember correctly, Key 1 must be connected.

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
Just one question regarding mic since I ordered everything now - You didn't cut or modified OEM microphone wiring, You modified harness which came with unit and then just plug OEM microphone?

Thanks

EDIT: never mind, I saw next post that everything works without cutting and soldering...

· Registered
2013 kia 2013 kia optima sxl
4 Posts
Very important are a few things to do during installation.

You need to remove the "Airbag passenger light unit" from the old unit. This unit is connected to the same wiring harness in the car. If you forget to do this step, the car will have an Airbag warning light on.

Second, you need to remove the air temperature measuring part. This part will be installed on the new unit.

Third, you need to remove the air controller/ air valve from the old unit. This controller/ valve will be installed on the new unit. Fortunately, everything is screwed on, so removal is easy. I have pictures of these that need to be transferred to the new unit.
do you have pictures of those? thanks!

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
I started with installation and stuck with mic cable and jack. How you determined which wire is + and which one is - on that white cable with 3.5mm plug which you used? Since I don't have any equipment for measure, what could happen if I connect it in opposite way? It simply will not work or I can burn something?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I started with installation and stuck with mic cable and jack. How you determined which wire is + and which one is - on that white cable with 3.5mm plug which you used? Since I don't have any equipment for measure, what could happen if I connect it in opposite way? It simply will not work or I can burn something?

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
This is clear for me, I'm talking about "The new microphone wire" cable which You cut - how You knew which wire inside that cable is + and - (I see blue and brown wire) :)

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
After initial preparation of installation I've had pause of few weeks and now I stuck with few things. Also I figured out that seller didn't sent adapter for AC to me, so I need to wait for it. Then, when I disassembled old system, there is one white adapter which I cannot plug anywhere. It was connected in old multimedia screen (picture attached).
So if I understood well:
  • for steering wheel controls I need to change pin from #9 to #8 (diagram picture from post #13)
  • for microphone you modified USB cable and used black and white wire from it? I see that you disconnected green wire on that cable also, but I cannot see what did you do with red one? Since I see that this cable have 4 wires.
  • I saw that You connected KEY1 wire, but I cannot figure out with what You connected it?
For now at least there is some progress - sound, GPS (OEM antenna over adapter) and USB (also OEM over adapter) are working.

EDIT: Button illumination also works now. However, sound is very quiet, I can barely hear anything when volume is below half. Furthermore, I need to increase volume almost to max when I receive phone call. Steering wheel controls are working, but not in the way as they should - I have the same issue as chiefbeats from post #81, can't figure out where to connect KEY1 wire.

Thanks!

Attachments

81 - 100 of 113 Posts