Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
8 Posts
Boot time is acceptable for me :) Regarding the mic, I think I'll try to somehow install new/aftermarket one on the place of OEM. Only open question for me is camera wiring - You pulled new cable or used existing? Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Boot time is acceptable for me :) Regarding the mic, I think I'll try to somehow install new/aftermarket one on the place of OEM. Only open question for me is camera wiring - You pulled new cable or used existing? Thanks!
I installed a new cable for the reversing camera, but I think you can also use the original cable. Kia's original connector does not fit, so you will need to make new connectors if you are using the original cable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I installed a new cable for the reversing camera, but I think you can also use the original cable. Kia's original connector does not fit, so you will need to make new connectors if you are using the original cable.
I think you can use the original microphone. Locate connector A, and find the microphone +, as well as the microphone - wires in the connector.

·
Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
8 Posts
So, long story short:
  • wires for Canbus Hi, Canbus Lo, Steering wheel buttons and unit illumination should be moved to the right pins.
  • OEM USB port can work with appropriate connector/adapter
  • GPS antenna also can work with with appropriate connector/adapter
  • OEM rear camera needs to be replaced
  • OEM mic needs to be replaced (or maybe there is possible to attach current mic as You said)
Man, this is great. I don't think anyone has put it all together yet (talking about models with Infinity, AC on multimedia screen, navi, etc..)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
So, long story short:
  • wires for Canbus Hi, Canbus Lo, Steering wheel buttons and unit illumination should be moved to the right pins.
  • OEM USB port can work with appropriate connector/adapter
  • GPS antenna also can work with with appropriate connector/adapter
  • OEM rear camera needs to be replaced
  • OEM mic needs to be replaced (or maybe there is possible to attach current mic as You said)
Man, this is great. I don't think anyone has put it all together yet (talking about models with Infinity, AC on multimedia screen, navi, etc..)
When the gps adapter arrives, i try to install the original microphone in the unit at the same time. I take pictures of the connections.

·
Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
8 Posts
Now I saw what I did, completely mixed sides and which connector will remain in the car, you're right. I'm waiting for your confirmation that GPS is working on this way

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

61 - 71 of 71 Posts