Kia Optima Forums banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
Boot time is acceptable for me :) Regarding the mic, I think I'll try to somehow install new/aftermarket one on the place of OEM. Only open question for me is camera wiring - You pulled new cable or used existing? Thanks!

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Boot time is acceptable for me :) Regarding the mic, I think I'll try to somehow install new/aftermarket one on the place of OEM. Only open question for me is camera wiring - You pulled new cable or used existing? Thanks!
I installed a new cable for the reversing camera, but I think you can also use the original cable. Kia's original connector does not fit, so you will need to make new connectors if you are using the original cable.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I just ordered this adapter

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I installed a new cable for the reversing camera, but I think you can also use the original cable. Kia's original connector does not fit, so you will need to make new connectors if you are using the original cable.
I think you can use the original microphone. Locate connector A, and find the microphone +, as well as the microphone - wires in the connector.

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
So, long story short:
  • wires for Canbus Hi, Canbus Lo, Steering wheel buttons and unit illumination should be moved to the right pins.
  • OEM USB port can work with appropriate connector/adapter
  • GPS antenna also can work with with appropriate connector/adapter
  • OEM rear camera needs to be replaced
  • OEM mic needs to be replaced (or maybe there is possible to attach current mic as You said)

Man, this is great. I don't think anyone has put it all together yet (talking about models with Infinity, AC on multimedia screen, navi, etc..)

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
So, long story short:
  • wires for Canbus Hi, Canbus Lo, Steering wheel buttons and unit illumination should be moved to the right pins.
  • OEM USB port can work with appropriate connector/adapter
  • GPS antenna also can work with with appropriate connector/adapter
  • OEM rear camera needs to be replaced
  • OEM mic needs to be replaced (or maybe there is possible to attach current mic as You said)
Man, this is great. I don't think anyone has put it all together yet (talking about models with Infinity, AC on multimedia screen, navi, etc..)
When the gps adapter arrives, i try to install the original microphone in the unit at the same time. I take pictures of the connections.

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts

· Registered
2013 Optima TX 1.7 CRDi
19 Posts
Now I saw what I did, completely mixed sides and which connector will remain in the car, you're right. I'm waiting for your confirmation that GPS is working on this way

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
All connections work as originally. No wire cutting, soldering, etc.

The original GPS antenna works, as does the original microphone.

I made a video showing the original GPS antenna connector as well as the microphone connection.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I installed the 3d 360 Birdseye camera system and when I click on DVR and put the car in reverse I see the back up image.
However it does not automatically trigger when i Backup. Any help ?
You need to locate the wire that says "reverse or back". Usually the wire is brown in color, but can be of a different color. Connect the red cable of the camera to this cable. See picture.

· Registered
6 Posts
I don't have the back/reverse wire on mine, that's what I was looking for.
I connected the cameras for the 360 3d Birdseye. the back one I connected to the backup lights so when DVR is open i see my cameras and even when i put it on reverse it focuses on the backup cam.
But for some reason the device doesnt trigger the camera platform. Im trying to find a way to trigger the 360 cam when I shift to reverse. because the 360 cam already displays the back as the main when I shift.
Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
35 Posts
I know this is a little old I was looking at purchasing this unit I have a 2013 hybrid lx. My head unit looks the same as yours car has backup camera, auto ac and the non nav unit. The page I found says this unit isn’t compatible with the hybrid models. The only difference I have seen is the ex hybrid model contains a different head unit with nav and has a hybrid button on the ac controls as far as I can tell mine seems to have the same unit as the non hybrid models. I don’t see any hybrid specific features on my unit does anyone know if this would work in my hybrid model?

61 - 80 of 113 Posts