Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,829 Posts
The original USB port works. You need the adapter shown in the light picture. The second photo shows the original USB cable to which the adapter must be connected.
Where did you get the USB adapter shown in the light picture, and do you know if the adapter has a specific type or name?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How did you get the controls to glow like that in post #9?

I have that same unit, but I have a 2013 LX, so no canbus.
You need to check that the illumination cable of your android unit is connected to the correct place in the connector.

The first photo shows the order of the pins on the connector of my android unit. The location of the pins may vary between different units, so check with your own unit.

In my unit, pin number 10 is illuminated.

The second photo seems to be the wiring diagram for your car. But I’m not sure if it’s the same as you. If it is the same, the illumination cable of the android unit should be connected to number 8 (illumination +) on terminal A.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Very nice.

Does anything happen if you press the steering wheel control button that previously let you speak to the OEM Kia Nav unit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The photo shows the functions of the steering wheel buttons. The system menu has two options for the steering wheel buttons. Either by protocol or by learning. I have learning to choose.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Navigation programs themselves have speech control. This unit comes pre-installed with IGO Primo and Google maps.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I see how you can assign functions to steering wheel buttons, but can you assign anything to this steering wheel button showing a person's face talking?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Wonderful!

Can you list the parts, everything you needed to make this work perfectly like you did?

Currently the first post shows two different canbus decoders but I think you used a different third canbus decoder not shown? And I think another post mentions needing a USB adapter too.

Was there anything else?

The two canbus decoders shown on the first post are CH-BNR-GF and CH-BNR-HY01S, did you use both of them?

I'm planning to order the same things you did so I can do the install too. I'm also hoping to incorporate a dash cam, which works over bluetooth in a standard android tablet, so I hope to be able to install the dashcam app onto this tablet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wonderful!

Can you list the parts, everything you needed to make this work perfectly like you did?

Currently the first post shows two different canbus decoders but I think you used a different third canbus decoder not shown? And I think another post mentions needing a USB adapter too.

Was there anything else?

The two canbus decoders shown on the first post are CH-BNR-GF and CH-BNR-HY01S, did you use both of them?

I'm planning to order the same things you did so I can do the install too. I'm also hoping to incorporate a dash cam, which works over bluetooth in a standard android tablet, so I hope to be able to install the dashcam app onto this tablet.
I talked about the problems as well as the solutions I have had. There are individual differences in cars, depending on whether the car is intended for the European, American or Asian markets.

Contact your unit dealer and tell them the exact equipment of your car (amplifier, automatic air conditioning, etc.). Some vendors ask for pictures of the original unit.

The seller can tell you if the unit is suitable for your car and how many canbus decoders come with the unit.

You may also want to ask if the unit supports the original reversing camera.

You should be prepared that everything does not go as the seller promises. That you yourself are ready to figure out any problems or take your car to an expert.

I ordered the following:

• unit (px6 hexa core, android 9, 64gb rom, 4gb ram)
  • tire pressure sensors
  • usb adapter
  • antenna adapter
  • reversing camera

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Thank you! Sorry for all the questions.

Are the tire pressure sensors needed because the OEM/stock sensors are incompatible, or do some units work with the originals?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you! Sorry for all the questions.

Are the tire pressure sensors needed because the OEM/stock sensors are incompatible, or do some units work with the originals?
It is not necessary to order tire pressure sensors. The originals also work.

I ordered them because now I can see the tire pressure and temperature from each tire. The original system in my car doesn’t show this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It is not necessary to order tire pressure sensors. The originals also work.

I ordered them because now I can see the tire pressure and temperature from each tire. The original system in my car doesn’t show this.
My car currently has two tire pressure sensors.

The originals are inside the tires, thus communicating with the car’s own system. The new ones are mounted outside the tires, which communicate with the android unit.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Another question: In your first video, you back up, then roll forward, and there is a beeping sound, then you park.

What is the beeping sound?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Another question: In your first video, you back up, then roll forward, and there is a beeping sound, then you park.

What is the beeping sound?
My car has front and rear parking sensors. The beeping sound comes from the parking sensors.

I made one video showing how accurate the guidelines of the new reversing camera are.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
So have you installed any android apps onto your system?

Are there any limitations on what apps you can install, or access - does the system work like a big tablet, or is it limited to car-specific Nav system and others?

I wonder if you could run a video chat program like Duo, or Google Voice for data-based phone calls. Or maybe Kasa home control software, to turn on home features while you are still driving home. Or even Google News or Youtube?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts