Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know if my 2019 Kia Optima S trunk will allow an aftermarket shallow subwoofer to be installed so that it looks and sounds ( or better) like the Kia's premium trim's EX and SX factory Harman Kardon subwoofer?

I want it to look stock ( I provided the picture of Kia's SX or EX trunk)

I was looking into getting the installation job done by my local stereo shop and I already have my own amplifier which is a Rockford Fosgate Prime R500x1D I would just need to buy the sub.

I checked my trunk and did not see any openings.

I really want a clean install look and I like the way its mounted on top because I like the trunk space.

Please advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
741 Posts
I know you said you wanted things to look stock but IMHO the only way you can get really good sounding bass with a sub is to put a good sub (or two) in a dedicated sub enclosure.

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
33 Posts
I agree, I have the 2020 HK system and it barely hits, I'm looking to add an additional sub to my stock setup.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
380 Posts
I installed a Skar Audio DVC subwoofer in my 2013 LX, and it was pretty straightforward. The position where a sub would go on the higher trim levels is a round depression in the rear deck, so you can just dremel it out. From there, just drill mounting holes, and use rubber gaskets to dampen vibrations, and bolt it in. You'll need to go in through the upper deck cover to position your bolts, but that's simple to do. Wire it up, and you're good to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts