Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m using 2015 Kia Optima and had a car accident so my boot side is severe mashed up. A mechanic said I can buy back cut of the car to replace it. And all the air bags have come out so is it advisable to get it fixed and will it work properly? The top glass too has break totally. Is it replaceable too and where can I get it?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,191 Posts
Find out what is the value of a used car, the same model and features as yours. You can look on bluebook, but estimates might be off due to the higher demand for cars right now.

Then, you compare that price to how expensive will it be to fix your car?

I'm guessing, that it's less expensive to just buy the used car, compared to fixing your broken car.

Put another way, if you find out how expensive to fix the car - you can use that money to instead buy a used car exactly like your broken car, but the used car is in perfect condition. You will probably spend less money this way than fixing.

However, this all starts with knowing an estimate of how much to fix your car. Usually car insurance is involved when there is a car accident. Usually, the car insurance will do an estimate so you know the cost to fix the car. Do you have that?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,395 Posts
Where are you located? UK?
Any car can be pieced back together, back half, roof assembly, front section, etc, but whose going to do the job and at what price, considering all the air bags/sensors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Find out what is the value of a used car, the same model and features as yours. You can look on bluebook, but estimates might be off due to the higher demand for cars right now.

Then, you compare that price to how expensive will it be to fix your car?

I'm guessing, that it's less expensive to just buy the used car, compared to fixing your broken car.

Put another way, if you find out how expensive to fix the car - you can use that money to instead buy a used car exactly like your broken car, but the used car is in perfect condition. You will probably spend less money this way than fixing.

However, this all starts with knowing an estimate of how much to fix your car. Usually car insurance is involved when there is a car accident. Usually, the car insurance will do an estimate so you know the cost to fix the car. Do you have that?
My insurance is the third party insurance type and does not cover for the damage of the car. Can the car be fixed without airbag sensors at some parts ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you located? UK?
Any car can be pieced back together, back half, roof assembly, front section, etc, but whose going to do the job and at what price, considering all the air bags/sensors?
I’m in Ghana, Accra and I don’t know if the estimate will be close to buying a used type because my car is a used car which I bought, not a brand new optima gdi ex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts