Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Premium Touring Package. SWP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the FedEx tuck delivered the new Federal SS595 235/45R18 tires I ordered. I loaded them up to go get them installed. I had been running on 4 mismatched tires,a different compound and tread on each corner. When I left the Installers I decide to head up Lookout Mtn. down the east brow and down the other side. It started to rain about halfway up the mountain so I got to start breaking the tires in during a mix of weather. I thoughrilly enjoyed my ride today. Between the tires that were on it and the fact it has new motor this was the first time I have let myself push it very hard.
When I got back home my Ultra Racing FSTB had arrived thanks to David. I took the 5 minutes it took to instal it. I haven't had a chace to drive much with it on yet. Loving the way the SS595's are riding and handleing so far
IMG_20200425_17531edit7.jpg

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
the tire pic is a little blurry, but are those balls of rubber compound you've scrubbed off the tires by spirited driving? If so, at that rate, you are going to need to have those tires set up for Amazon's Subscribe & Save! That must have been really fun, especially after running old mismatched tires.

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Premium Touring Package. SWP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tire pic is a little blurry, but are those balls of rubber compound you've scrubbed off the tires by spirited driving? If so, at that rate, you are going to need to have those tires set up for Amazon's Subscribe & Save! That must have been really fun, especially after running old mismatched tires.
It was an absolute blast, I liked the car when I bought it but yesterday was the first time it really impressed me. You may be right about the subscription. I knew they were soft when I bought them though. Hoping to get a year out of them but that may depend on how many trips across the Mtn. and back I take

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Awesome, glad you received it so quickly.

If you don't mind, when you have a chance, please post up some feedback in our forum thread below.

Always helps to get feedback from actual buyers on the product in real life. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts