Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima
920 Posts
Can't tell how much brighter they are then the ones I have ugh.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
920 Posts
Can you do a pic from the inside looking out of the headlights and then the headlights with the fogs?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
Awesome picture brother. Thank you so much for this review. By the way it was really nice meeting you!

Neal I will be posting the pics comparing the two tonight. However there is a noticeable difference between the 20 watt CREE I carry and these new ones.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
920 Posts
I've heard this before lol. What about heat with these? Any concern of the housing melting...

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
I've heard this before lol. What about heat with these? Any concern of the housing melting...
LOL well my battery died last night. No excuse tonight! :rolleyes:

These actually put out hardly any more heat than my 20 watt version. 100% will never melt anything!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put them in and tested them I haven't actually driven anywhere with them on yet but I'm assuming they wouldn't produce that much heat seeing as they are led. If they were and hid bulb with ballast they might put off some heat but I doubt these will. I can let you know in a day or 2

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Can you do a pic from the inside looking out of the headlights and then the headlights with the fogs?
Anxiously awaiting David's pics since he has HIDs & Blinding Switchbacks... Def for the comparison pic over the 20w...

·
Registered
2013 Optima
920 Posts
Second day I've been waiting. No more excuses David!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
Here are the comparison pictures and a video as well!

I went ahead and covered up my headlights so we can focus on only the fog lights. I also turned off the town house's outside lighting while doing the pics and video.

(When watching, make sure to select 720p HD Video where available) ^

In all of the pictures below, my 20 watt CREE LED Fog is on the passenger side, and my new 80 watt CREE LED is on the drivers side.

G

·
I went ahead and covered up my headlights so we can focus on only the fog lights. I also turned off the town house's outside lighting while doing the pics and video.

(When watching, make sure to select 720p HD Video where available) ^

In all of the pictures below, my 20 watt CREE LED Fog is on the passenger side, and my new 80 watt CREE LED is on the drivers side.

Looks great. In your first pic though looks like a police cruiser front end in the foreground of the pic. What did you do David? Were you being a menace?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,458 Posts
Thank you David for the nice pics and definitely see the difference, even though I'm still waiting for my LaminX film cover to be shipped here next week and now you really got me thinking about this one really hard :D. Wish this was available and on sale during the Black Friday or I jump on it in a heartbeat :p

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Cool I will be getting some of these but gotta gonna hold off a bit cause I've spent a little to much $$$$ here lately... Really want to get the HIDs I received yesterday installed, hopefully this next weekend...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks great. David, were these up on the site during the BF deals?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
Thank you David for the nice pics and definitely see the difference, even though I'm still waiting for my LaminX film cover to be shipped here next week and now you really got me thinking about this one really hard :D. Wish this was available and on sale during the Black Friday or I jump on it in a heartbeat :p
You're very welcome Joe, I think the difference is very noticeable. I know sorry about that I wish they were available then as well.

Cool I will be getting some of these but gotta gonna hold off a bit cause I've spent a little to much $$$$ here lately... Really want to get the HIDs I received yesterday installed, hopefully this next weekend...
Of course Jared there's no rush. Let me know whenever you're ready and I'm sure I'll still be here. ;) BTW let me know once you get your HIDs installed.

Looks great. David, were these up on the site during the BF deals?
Thank you! No I did not have this product during the Black Friday deals.

·
Premium Member
4,458 Posts
You're very welcome Joe, I think the difference is very noticeable. I know sorry about that I wish they were available then as well.
No need to apolgized my friend, sale or no sale if I really wanted it then I will definitely grab them from you. Please give me some time to think about it because its a tough decision between the yellow fogs or this new one you're carrying.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
No need to apolgized my friend, sale or no sale if I really wanted it then I will definitely grab them from you. Please give me some time to think about it because its a tough decision between the yellow fogs or this new one you're carrying.
Sounds good brother! No rush.. ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts