Tesla Model X P100D
28,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here to present another great LED product

The 80 Watt CREE 1156 LED Turn Signal Bulbs

(BUY NOW)

Description:

These super bright CREE LED bulbs are a sure way to get you noticed
These can be used as front or rear turns signals (See below)
Powerful 80 watts of CREE LED light per bulb
Load Resistors are included in each set
Available in both amber & red LEDs

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2015 Kia Optima rear turns (All trims)
Compatible for front turn signals on 2011-2013 Kia Optima SXL
Compatible for front turn signals on 2014-2015 Kia Optima's with LED strip in front headlights
These are compatible on any vehicle utilizing the 1156 size bulb for the turn signals

Installation PDF found here: 80 Watt CREE Turn Signal Install PDF Guide - K5 Optima Store

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
52 Posts
any chance you guys are working on getting these same bulbs in 1157, or know where i can order them? when i order these 1156's I'm going to have to find a way to match my tail/brake light brightness to them.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any chance you guys are working on getting these same bulbs in 1157, or know where i can order them? when i order these 1156's I'm going to have to find a way to match my tail/brake light brightness to them.
Hey there, we do not carry the 80 watt version of these in 1157, however we do have other amber turn signal bulbs in stock here now that are high powered and are NOT switchbacks.

If interested in ordering a set, just shoot us an email to [email protected] and we will get back to you ASAP!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatchu got for 2018?
Do you know what bulb type is used on your 2018 Optima?

If it is still 1157, and I think it is, then these would still be the best option for upgrading your turn signals on your 2018 Optima.

If you check, and it turns out that they are not 1157, just let me know what size they are, and I will get you the right bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,454 Posts
It would be awesome if some enterprising individual would come up with a simple "plug-n-play" wiring harness widget for the dropping resistors using the factory plugs. David, have you seen anything like that on the web you could offer (optional)?

·
K5 Optima Store Vendor
Santa Fe/350z
726 Posts
It would be awesome if some enterprising individual would come up with a simple "plug-n-play" wiring harness widget for the dropping resistors using the factory plugs. David, have you seen anything like that on the web you could offer (optional)?
There are bulbs out there with resistors installed inside so they are essentially plug and play but their fail rate is really high (hence why we dont carry them). That's all I know of, there isny any other way to bypass or plug in something to stop hyperflash without t taps or splicing

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are bulbs out there with resistors installed inside so they are essentially plug and play but their fail rate is really high (hence why we dont carry them). That's all I know of, there isny any other way to bypass or plug in something to stop hyperflash without t taps or splicing
This is exactly right, the heat from the load resistors being built into the bulbs causes them to fail if you leave your hazard lights on for more than about 5 minutes.

However, there is another solution that is cheap and easy if you don't want to wire in load resistors. These are usually sold pretty cheaply online.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,454 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. Any description of the aforementioned widget for searching souls?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guaranteed to be one of the brightest turn signal bulbs on the market, you cannot go wrong with these bulbs.

These are hands down 2-3 brighter than the factory turn signal bulbs & are a great way to make sure you are noticed when signaling.

Detailed instructional DIY found here!

Pick up your set today!

(BUY NOW)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts