Lifetime - 30,000-40,000 hours
IP65 waterproof rating

Package Contents:

2x K5OS H8/H11/
H11B/9005 LED headlight/fog light replacement bulbs
2x K5OS H7/H8/H11/H11B/9005 compact LED drivers
1 x Allen wrench for LED position adjustment

Vehicle Application:

2011-2019 Kia Optima (All models using halogen lighting)
All vehicles using H7/H8/H11/H11B or 9005 standard headlight/fog bulbs

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
179 Posts
If you were on the fence about getting some LED bulbs for your headlights I'm telling you now is the time to hop on over. The previous version of these was good but I think these here are pretty great. I wanted to compare them to my Morimoto 5000K HIDs so I installed the passenger side LED and left the HID in the driver side and I was instantly impressed. The light output against the back wall of my garage was just a bright if not slightly brighter. So now that I was satisfied that the light was comparable it was time to test them out on the street at night. Later that night after getting both installed I turned them on as I was getting ready to leave and all I could say was "Dang that's bright!". I drove around some of the darker parts of my area and everywhere I went I was truly impressed with the light output. The pic of the car in the OP is my car sitting on the street in front of my house while I stood in front of the house 3 doors down. I am definitely happy with my purchase, and I recommend if you want to upgrade your headlight bulbs you do it with these, these bulbs are great.

Here's a pic from inside the car

·
Registered
478 Posts
Could you further explain how they are adjustable? How does that compare to adjusting the projector?

Also, is this as easy as knowing your bulb and selecting that one? I know HIDs are a different story.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

If you were on the fence about getting some LED bulbs for your headlights I'm telling you now is the time to hop on over. The previous version of these was good but I think these here are pretty great. I wanted to compare them to my Morimoto 5000K HIDs so I installed the passenger side LED and left the HID in the driver side and I was instantly impressed. The light output against the back wall of my garage was just a bright if not slightly brighter. So now that I was satisfied that the light was comparable it was time to test them out on the street at night. Later that night after getting both installed I turned them on as I was getting ready to leave and all I could say was "Dang that's bright!". I drove around some of the darker parts of my area and everywhere I went I was truly impressed with the light output. The pic of the car in the OP is my car sitting on the street in front of my house while I stood in front of the house 3 doors down. I am definitely happy with my purchase, and I recommend if you want to upgrade your headlight bulbs you do it with these, these bulbs are great.

Could you do a quick step by step like dust caps, mounting locations, wire hookups, etc. including anything to be aware of during installation? And is there any glare?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you so much for the awesome review of this product. We are very excited with the way this has turned out for us. Definitely a major improvement over the Halogen setup.

How do these compare to the Stage 2 Cree's in terms of light output?
Not even comparable at all. Stage 2 fog light bulbs are just for lighting up the roadway directly in front of the vehicle. These are bright enough to be run in the fogs without the headlights on. :shocked:

Could you further explain how they are adjustable? How does that compare to adjusting the projector?
The kit includes an allen wrench inside that allows you to adjust the head of the unit with the LED chips if needed to line it up inside the housing for the best light output and angle. However it does come out of the box ready to go to be installed.

Also, is this as easy as knowing your bulb and selecting that one? I know HIDs are a different story.

Thanks.

That's it, extremely simple. These only work with the H11 lowbeams or the H8 fog lights.

Could you do a quick step by step like dust caps, mounting locations, wire hookups, etc. including anything to be aware of during installation? And is there any glare?
He might be able to do that for you, but I assure you that if you order these and get them, you'll see that it's not necessary. This is a very easy product to install, you simply screw off the dust covers, unplug and remove the OEM halogen bulbs, plug in the new bulbs and mount the LED drivers inside of the headlamp housing, and you're done. There is no additional wiring needed to do to complete the installation.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thank you so much for the awesome review of this product. We are very excited with the way this has turned out for us. Definitely a major improvement over the Halogen setup.

Not even comparable at all. Stage 2 fog light bulbs are just for lighting up the roadway directly in front of the vehicle. These are bright enough to be run in the fogs without the headlights on. :shocked:

The kit includes an allen wrench inside that allows you to adjust the head of the unit with the LED chips if needed to line it up inside the housing for the best light output and angle. However it does come out of the box ready to go to be installed.

That's it, extremely simple. These only work with the H11 lowbeams or the H8 fog lights.

He might be able to do that for you, but I assure you that if you order these and get them, you'll see that it's not necessary. This is a very easy product to install, you simply screw off the dust covers, unplug and remove the OEM halogen bulbs, plug in the new bulbs and mount the LED drivers inside of the headlamp housing, and you're done. There is no additional wiring needed to do to complete the installation.

Awesome! I can see myself getting a set for my H11Bs very soon.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
179 Posts
Installation is super simple. One thing to note, if you have h11b you'll need a set of h11 pigtails so you can plug into the sockets in the light housing. Then everything from there is just plug and play. You can tuck the drivers into the bottom side of the light housing then just put the dust cap back on. Now I modified my dust caps for the old version of these so I'm not sure if there's clearance issues with these bulbs and the flat dust caps.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! I can see myself getting a set for my H11Bs very soon.
Sweet sounds good, I think you'll absolutely love them. Let us know if you have any questions before ordering them.

Installation is super simple. One thing to note, if you have h11b you'll need a set of h11 pigtails so you can plug into the sockets in the light housing. Then everything from there is just plug and play. You can tuck the drivers into the bottom side of the light housing then just put the dust cap back on. Now I modified my dust caps for the old version of these so I'm not sure if there's clearance issues with these bulbs and the flat dust caps.
The good thing is we are now including the H11B adapter cables for any customer ordering these that have a 2011-2013 model and need them. All they would do is order through the site and select their year model, and we will include them when shipping out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Any issues with heat since everything is inside an enclosed housing?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
179 Posts
The dust caps on my headlights have a hole in the middle for HID wiring to pass through. I put duct tape over the passenger side hole but forgot the driver side tape so the hole remained open. The heat between the 2 was about the same so being closed up in the housing doesn't seem to cause any extra heat.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
6000 lumen compared to the old 3200 lumen??? Wow! I should have waited a month haha!
Yeah pretty big difference, especially with these having the LED chips on both sides. Sorry about that!

No we have not had any issues with heat inside of the headlamp housings. These bulbs have pretty powerful fans and aluminum heat sinks as well to assist with the heat buildup.

*Salivating*
:cool:

The dust caps on my headlights have a hole in the middle for HID wiring to pass through. I put duct tape over the passenger side hole but forgot the driver side tape so the hole remained open. The heat between the 2 was about the same so being closed up in the housing doesn't seem to cause any extra heat.
Thank you for sharing that info.

Now if they only made these in 3000k ........
Yeah best to just get these and add the yellow lamin-x to get that affect.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah pretty big difference, especially with these having the LED chips on both sides. Sorry about that!
No worries, just may have to upgrade at some point, by no means unhappy with the 1 chip version, but better is always better!

·
Registered
2013 Kia K5
66 Posts
Hi, are these available for h1 sockets? And will the leds fail if the cooling fan fails?

I have mini h1 projectors retrofitted on my high beams and i use them as my low/hi beam lights. I modified the oem halogen projector to work as a DRL so unless i open up my headlights again, thats not really an option. Although a quad would be nice; over 9000 lumens per headlight lighting up the road.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No worries, just may have to upgrade at some point, by no means unhappy with the 1 chip version, but better is always better!
Sounds good and happy to hear! Let me know if you decide to upgrade and I will get you discounted pricing.

Hi, are these available for h1 sockets? And will the leds fail if the cooling fan fails?

I have mini h1 projectors retrofitted on my high beams and i use them as my low/hi beam lights. I modified the oem halogen projector to work as a DRL so unless i open up my headlights again, thats not really an option. Although a quad would be nice; over 9000 lumens per headlight lighting up the road.
No I'm sorry they are not available in H1 sockets at this time.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
91 Posts
Wow, so far these sounds amazing. A decent or good substitute to the Osram. But on that note, how does it compare to the Osram HIDs on the k5 store and the stock HIDS. I have a 2014 SXL. Please advise and if they are better than stock i would love to order one and save some money since the Osram is quite pricey.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Wow, so far these sounds amazing. A decent or good substitute to the Osram. But on that note, how does it compare to the Osram HIDs on the k5 store and the stock HIDS. I have a 2014 SXL. Please advise and if they are better than stock i would love to order one and save some money since the Osram is quite pricey.
If I were you I'd just upgrade the bulbs to the Osrams. They're a little more expensive than these new LEDs but you already have HID projectors, no rewiring is required, and Osrams are the best of the best from what I've heard.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I looked at other kits to compare and it seems you can rotate the head so the chips can face the 3 and 9 o'clock position or some other position like 12 and 6. Is this the case, David? And the way it comes out of the box, is that the optimal position?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
91 Posts
If I were you I'd just upgrade the bulbs to the Osrams. They're a little more expensive than these new LEDs but you already have HID projectors, no rewiring is required, and Osrams are the best of the best from what I've heard.​
yea since its only $50 away. thanks for the advice

1 - 20 of 123 Posts