Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima Hydrid
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on my commute home, about 50 miles, I hit a new high in MPG, 57. Not bad for a car that is rated 39/46 MPG.:shocked:

·
Registered
2015 Optima Hybrid EX
33 Posts
Last night on my commute home, about 50 miles, I hit a new high in MPG, 57. Not bad for a car that is rated 39/46 MPG.:shocked:
Good job. My best with my 2015 is 53.6 on about a 20 mile highway drive.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,274 Posts
That's some great number! I'm seeing mid 30s to low 40s on mine but I'm not driving as economical as one would think. Checked my stats yesterday and this is what it shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima Hydrid
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's some great number! I'm seeing mid 30s to low 40s on mine but I'm not driving as economical as one would think. Checked my stats yesterday and this is what it shows.

Here is a pic of my driving style, its a bit different than yours.
Vehicle Car Auto part Odometer Speedometer

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,274 Posts
Nice! I like the way the car drives and handles, it's so much more sporty than the cars before. The new Sport mode makes it a lot more responsive and fun to drive, mine is in that mode most of the time. Good to know though that it can get even higher numbers than what's listed on the window sticker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,274 Posts
Is this a software upgrade you can get? I've got a 2012 and have never seen this screen.
No bud, I upgraded to the 2017 hybrid. This is one of the screens on the central display. The car has a drive mode button to switch modes and it also tracks your driving style. As you can tell mine doesn't get the hybrid treatment as much as it should. The major plus, for me, is the sport mode and the fact that the car has been designed so much better than the past versions that driving it hard is like driving a normal car than a hybrid.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima Hydrid
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome! That's some great numbers! What's your average mpg now?

The last tank and so far this tank of gas I am averaging 51 mpg/4.6L/100km, this is 620miles/1000km in to this tank. My last tank of gas I got 1000miles/1600km out of it. I would estimate that is about 80/20 highway/city driving. about a third of this tank was a loaded car, the whole family and a trunk full of stuff, bottomed out on a speed bump at on point.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
211 Posts
Nice, I figured that since I was able to average 45 or so with the 36/40 2013 that the new 39/46 car could be capable of 50.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts