2017 Kia Optima
578 Posts
Nice-looking cars .... both of them! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Nerafe

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6
108 Posts
But black is undeniably classy, especially with the chrome wheels. And so far it hasn't been too big a hassle to keep clean.

White is sharp-looking on the Optima, too, but I see a lot of them down here - I guess because of the high heat and harsh sunshine in the summer. But oddly, the black doesn't seem any hotter than any other color because of the excellent A/C.
Kind of late to this thread, but Horizon Blue is a pain if you don’t wax it.

Before I waxed it two weeks ago, I was going to the car wash 1-2 times a week. Fingerprints, dirt, crap; ANYTHING would stick to it and it would quickly look horrible. It’s beautiful and eye catching when it’s clean, but if leave it dirty it just looks horrific.

Also, I swear white is at least 50% of Optima sales. Fine by me, since my color is very rare. Black is even rarer than Blue though. Platinum Graphite is also an underrated color. I saw an EX graphite and it looked incredible with California’s black license plate and the LED taillights/daytime running lights.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima SX
108 Posts
Kind of late to this thread, but Horizon Blue is a pain if you don’t wax it.

Before I waxed it two weeks ago, I was going to the car wash 1-2 times a week. Fingerprints, dirt, crap; ANYTHING would stick to it and it would quickly look horrible. It’s beautiful and eye catching when it’s clean, but if leave it dirty it just looks horrific.

Also, I swear white is at least 50% of Optima sales. Fine by me, since my color is very rare. Black is even rarer than Blue though. Platinum Graphite is also an underrated color. I saw an EX graphite and it looked incredible with California’s black license plate and the LED taillights/daytime running lights.
Personally, I wanted black, but Platinum Graphite was the only one available in the area I reside with tech package only on my 2018. Platinum Graphite looks a bit dull to me.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6
108 Posts
Personally, I wanted black, but Platinum Graphite was the only one available in the area I reside with tech package only on my 2018. Platinum Graphite looks a bit dull to me.
The way I’d describe Graphite is how I would the Kia Soul. It needs flare to set it off. A base Kia Soul stock? Boring and doesn’t look that great. Add some red trim, fog lights, and a custom wheels? One Badass looking car.

Graphite on a stock LX Optima? Bleh. Add the custom black California license plate, the LEDs of the higher trims or some custom wheels? Sharp looking color IMO.

White or silver looks boring to me no matter what you do.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima SX
108 Posts
The way I’d describe Graphite is how I would the Kia Soul. It needs flare to set it off. A base Kia Soul stock? Boring and doesn’t look that great. Add some red trim, fog lights, and a custom wheels? One Badass looking car.

Graphite on a stock LX Optima? Bleh. Add the custom black California license plate, the LEDs of the higher trims or some custom wheels? Sharp looking color IMO.

White or silver looks boring to me no matter what you do.
Sad thing is that I have an SX Platinum Graphite lol :(

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima SX
108 Posts
Have a Platinum Graphite SX here as well. Looks less boring with tint and lowering. Masks dirt very well.
LOL do you have regrets about the color? Every day I cry in my sleep (jk that's an exaggeration) about how I wish I got black. To be honest, I didn't know the white looked so fricken good until I watched a video review on it:

The snow pearl white looks darn good. Personally for me, the only time I have seen white look good was on this car, the Mercedes C300 with Pano sunroof (it also has a black pano sunroof), and the Audi A4.

I would rank the colors as follows on our Kias:

(Exterior colors only on):
1. Black
2. Pearl White
3. Blue
4. Remington red
5. Titanium Silver
6. Burgundy/Platinum Graphite

What are your guys thoughts? LOL

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
325 Posts
Hey Man, no regrets about my color choice. Was between this car and white launch edition. Decided to go with PG, as it was same color as my 06 TL. Yeah, black looks sharp when it's clean, but it takes a lot of work getting it to look that way. Each color has its pros/cons, but at end of day its personal preference. Im more concerned about the way my car drives (get the Eibach Kinetic springs, you will forget all about what color it is).
You have a great car, enjoy it and mod it a little to make it more enjoyable if thats your thing. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have a Platinum Graphite SX here as well. Looks less boring with tint and lowering. Masks dirt very well.
LOL do you have regrets about the color? Every day I cry in my sleep (jk that's an exaggeration) about how I wish I got black. To be honest, I didn't know the white looked so fricken good until I watched a video review on it:

The snow pearl white looks darn good. Personally for me, the only time I have seen white look good was on this car, the Mercedes C300 with Pano sunroof (it also has a black pano sunroof), and the Audi A4.

1. Black
2. Pearl White
3. Blue
4. Remington red
5. Titanium Silver

For me if it ain't white it ain't right.

My last vehicle was a 2016 4runner, white.
Before that I had a 2014 Xterra (mine) and 2014 Altima (wife), both white.
Before those I had a 2014 Lexus ISF Sport (wife) and 2005 Xterra (mine), white.

I go through a lot of vehicles. In the last 4 years I've owned 6 white cars/trucks. The last time I owned a non-white one was a 2013 Grand Cherokee, in 2013. I actually ordered a white one and when I left the dealership I saw a graphite colored one I just had to have. I cancelled the order and bought the Grand Cherokee (traded it in a few months later--complete piece of ****).

My first Optima was black. I traded in a blue Corvette Z06 for it in 2012. I came home from Afghanistan in 2011 and I swear everyone on base had a Corvette--so I dumped mine. That Optima taught me a great lesson: never buy another black car. Every day after work I would pull into my garage, dust it, then spot wash it. On weekends I would give it a legit wash. Keeping it looking nice became a second job.

There's just so much you can do with white cars to make em standout. Especially a nice pearl white like Cadillacs, Toyota/Lexus, and Kias. Especially especially with a non-traditional interior color.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
578 Posts
My 2016 was Platinum Graphite:

2016 Optima_4.jpg

My 2017 is black:

2017 Optima5.jpg

So I got the best of both worlds. Lol.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6
108 Posts

1. Black
2. Pearl White
3. Blue
4. Remington red
5. Titanium Silver

I guess it's all about taste. Like I said, with flare, PG is a sharp looking color. I'd get PG over White or Silver any day of the week.

Seeing an Horizon Blue Optima like mine is actually what made me choose to get an Optima instead keeping my old Kia Soul and waiting to get a Cadenza. I was on a shuttle from campus that takes you to the commuter train station. A nice, clean, Horizon Blue Optima EX swooshed by my window during the trip. "Man, that's gorgeous, maybe I should look into the optima instead"

Anyway, my list:
1) Horizon Blue
2) Black
3) Sangria (I actually really liked this color at first, but nows it kinda meh for me)
4) Platinum Graphite
5) White
6) Silver
7) Remington Red (Sorry, but the Optima is just not a red type of car. This even overpowers my disdain for white and silver)

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
578 Posts
Hey Mike, was your 2016 rear ended last year? Your username rings a bell.
Yes. Rear-ended in December 2016 to the tune of $10,000 and again in April 2017 for over $15,000. As soon as repairs on the second accident were completed I traded for the black 2017 Optima.

Oh, and get this - My wife got a 2017 Turbo Soul in may of 2017 and totaled it in November in a not-at-fault accident.

It wasn't a great year for us when it came to wrecks!

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Kamauxx - I agree with you that white Optima's look really sharp. I look twice everytime I see one.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima SX
1,356 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 SX Platinum Graphite with Kinetic package that added Eibach springs, Catback exhaust w/chrome tips, rocker panel graphic, red brake calipers and the wheels. It was done by a Kinetic crew that came to the dealer. Unfortunately, this is not available anymore so we don't want to turn it in for a new one! Absolutely the best road trip car, passing with ease on 2 lane roads and so fun to drive!
20191020_003430.jpg
20191020_003458.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
37 Posts
Searched out for a 2020 SX in Horizon Blue. Drove 7 hrs to go get it and bring it home after the dealer failed to procure one for me. Ended up getting a free lifetime powertrain warranty from the second dealer so that worked out. Got it in December, same weekend we bought a brand new Gunmetal Grey 2019 Nissan Rogue for the wife. Wanted blue but they didnt have any more year end closeouts in blue. We really like the Gunmetal on the Rogue though.

I LOVE the blue! It's not too much to handle like my gloss black jeep patriot was.

I still stop and look at it in the garage and love it.

View attachment 247678

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
37 Posts
For those who haven't seen it, this is about as good a picture as I've been able to get to show the Aubergine color leather:

View attachment 228250
I ordered a set of these and I'm still waiting for them to arrive so I can't verify the fitment yet but from the pictures I think they look great, and they have red wine or coffee color (among others) that might look really good with your interior color and pattern. Amazon.com: saitake Car Floor Mats for KIA Optima 2016-2019 All Full Coverage Liner All Weather Waterpoof Non-Slip Leather Heavy Duty Custom Front Rear Mat Left Drive Black and Red: Automotive

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,010 Posts
Not a fan of the pattern but I do like how it covers just about every exposed carpeted area of the vehicle interior.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts