Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
[iurl="http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=228178&stc=1&d=1510759443"]
[/iurl]

In the wild:

[iurl="http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=228170&stc=1&d=1510759396"]
[/iurl]
Brave color.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
574 Posts
Brave color.
You're not being sarcastic are you? :)

I swore years ago that I'd never have another black car, but I gritted my teeth and did it anyway. After 5-1/2 months I'm still glad I did.

And on top of that, I got the Aubergine interior. Now, THAT took some courage.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You're not being sarcastic are you? :)

I swore years ago that I'd never have another black car, but I gritted my teeth and did it anyway. After 5-1/2 months I'm still glad I did.

And on top of that, I got the Aubergine interior. Now, THAT took some courage.

Back in 2011 I bought a 2012 Optima EX with black exterior. I dusted the car everyday after work and frequently used some kind of carwash in a bottle between washes. Man was it a headache.

I also have eggplant interior. I actually sought it out and drove 2 hours to find the white/aubergine combo.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
574 Posts
Back in 2011 I bought a 2012 Optima EX with black exterior. I dusted the car everyday after work and frequently used some kind of carwash in a bottle between washes. Man was it a headache.

I also have eggplant interior. I actually sought it out and drove 2 hours to find the white/aubergine combo.
But black is undeniably classy, especially with the chrome wheels. And so far it hasn't been too big a hassle to keep clean.

White is sharp-looking on the Optima, too, but I see a lot of them down here - I guess because of the high heat and harsh sunshine in the summer. But oddly, the black doesn't seem any hotter than any other color because of the excellent A/C.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am still mourning the lack of Corsa Blue in 2016. I loved that color, but ended up with Titanium Silver, which also looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
574 Posts
For those who haven't seen it, this is about as good a picture as I've been able to get to show the Aubergine color leather:

2017 Optima Aubergine.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
574 Posts
Yeah, kamauxx, your interior shot is better-exposed than mine, but I'm still not sure it captures the full eggplantedness of the color. :)

Btw, my (grown) daughter saw mine the other day and proclaimed the color to be oxblood. Hmm. Not sure about that one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts