Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2015 SXL and have just had my driver seat cushion heating element fail for the second time in four years. First failure occurred two years ago and replaced under warranty. Now two years later, the replacement fails. Dealership charged me $170 to diagnose when I already knew heating element failed (kind of no-brainer), and quoted $460 for replacement part. Seems excessive and not even sure that includes labor or not, since they like to hide extra costs like they did on the diagnostic (they had told me $140 and wrote the bill for $170). Asked service rep to inquire about goodwill warranty here and waiting to hear back. For now, paid the rip-off diagnostic and left as is.

Anyone else having trouble with these seat cushion heating elements and know what a more reasonable cost should be? I dumped Honda some years because of continuously replacing failed power window assembly. About to the same with Kia! Located NC so it gets cold here in winter, though I at least now have a garage at home.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
$284 is the list for the element. Problem child in many cars, but can't say I've heard of many when speaking of the Kia. Don't know why it would go unless abused, no offense intended.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
148 Posts
Mine was replaced in my 14 under warranty. (Driver side) Haven’t had a problem since, but now the car is a spare and sits most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$284 is the list for the element. Problem child in many cars, but can't say I've heard of many when speaking of the Kia. Don't know why it would go unless abused, no offense intended.
How exactly does one abuse a car seat heating element, no offense intended?

I looked over some past threads and seems to happen often enough, at least once. Saw no mention of twice or every two years as I've experienced. I asked service to suggest it for goodwill warranty repair. They agreed to at least cover half the cost, though I'm still out and additional $170 for rip-off diagnostic fee;doesn't take Einstein to figure out heating element gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.